aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S. Max Tow.
Vehicle Showcase
So, after a lot of back and forth with Town and Country dealership in Levittown NY I think I'm throwing in the towel. Here's a list of my dealings with these guys over the course of a week.

First day, come in and test drive a Rubicon Gladiator. Priced a little out of my range. They appraised my Wrangler Rubicon for trade in at $41k.

Second day back, now I'm looking at a leftover sport with Max Tow. Price he's giving me at the Dealership is 7K over the price showing on their website. We walk again. I'm in my Jeep headed home and 5 minutes into my drive he calls and says his manager allowed him to knock $6K off the price. I tell him I will come back in tomorrow because I was actually supposed to be working.

Next day, I get an email saying that Gladiator sold last night.

So, now I inquire about another Gladiator on the lot, no Max Tow but nicely equipt. Again, price on the Website is $6K over what he's offering me in person. We "negotiate" the price down to about $1K more than it says on the website (which is nonesense). Now it gets even better, now they changed their offer for my Jeep to $37.5K.

Thanks, but no thanks. I'll keep my Wrangler.

Any advice on negotiating with these dealerships? This would have been my 4th Jeep in the last 15 years. And all of them I had to go off of Long Island to purchase.
Sponsored

B-RAD

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator (on order)
Occupation
Fleet Manager
So, after a lot of back and forth with Town and Country dealership in Levittown NY I think I'm throwing in the towel. Here's a list of my dealings with these guys over the course of a week.

First day, come in and test drive a Rubicon Gladiator. Priced a little out of my range. They appraised my Wrangler Rubicon for trade in at $41k.

Second day back, now I'm looking at a leftover sport with Max Tow. Price he's giving me at the Dealership is 7K over the price showing on their website. We walk again. I'm in my Jeep headed home and 5 minutes into my drive he calls and says his manager allowed him to knock $6K off the price. I tell him I will come back in tomorrow because I was actually supposed to be working.

So, now I inquire about another Gladiator on the lot, no Max Tow but nicely equipt. Again, price on the Website is $6K over what he's offering me in person. We "negotiate" the price down to about $1K more than it says on the website (which is nonesense). Now it gets even better, now they changed their offer for my Jeep to $37.5K.

Any advice on negotiating with these dealerships? This would have been my 4th Jeep in the last 15 years. And all of them I had to go off of Long Island to purchase.
Have you tried East Hills? I agree all the dealers suck on LI but I’ve been dealing with East hills for about 25 years now. My sport S mt is due in mid October. Ask for Steve and tell him Brad sent you to speak with him.

OP
OP
aprez27

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Have you tried East Hills? I agree all the dealers suck on LI but I’ve been dealing with East hills for about 25 years now. My sport S mt is due in mid October. Ask for Steve and tell him Brad sent you to speak with him.
Thanks man, how long ago did you order it? And, did he give you a deal?

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
That dealership is semi-famous for a audio article done on them and what they go through to make their end of month quotas.

If you got like 45 minutes, it is a good listen. It is broken down in 10 Acts. I found it entertaining and enlightening.

https://www.thisamericanlife.org/513/129-cars

B-RAD

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator (on order)
Occupation
Fleet Manager
Thanks man, how long ago did you order it? And, did he give you a deal?
I ordered in mid to late August. I think I got a good price. We went back and forth many times. Steve Desetto. One of the managers. If your going to contact him I’ll give him a heads up.

Sponsored

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase

We did it this way. Last few vehicles we purchased were new and we paid cash, got what we believed was the best deal we could and put it out of our minds. On our Gladiator, we financed a 50K loan at 2.4% in advance of the dealing with the dealer crap. We had cash on hand to make up the difference so we started looking in earnest. In so cal so we started in the Inland Empire and shopped ten dealerships over two days clear to Long Beach and settled on a Rubicon at Ellis Dodge / Jeep in Glendale. They trotted out the vehicle, we drove it, and told THEM what we were willing to pay. They agreed and we got a 2020 Jeep Rubicon (loaded) for under 65 K. We settled on an extended warranty for a little extra and it seems to fit our driving habits. We came in the next day with a cashiers check for our part and a counter check for the remainder. This process took the sharp edge out of their negotiating tact and we got what we feel is a good deal. We were out of the dealership in 20 minues.. Been back for the first oil change, etc. and purchased some extra Jeep stuff. Can't say enough about the way we were treated. These vehicles are very popular in so cal and there is a shortage, so we found the dealers with the largest inventory were most able to deal our way. We love our Jeep, and will in the future buy another one.....

OP
OP
aprez27

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That dealership is semi-famous for a audio article done on them and what they go through to make their end of month quotas.

If you got like 45 minutes, it is a good listen. It is broken down in 10 Acts. I found it entertaining and enlightening.

https://www.thisamericanlife.org/513/129-cars

I'll have to give it a listen. First thing I saw was that customers aren't cooperating.

Freebooter

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave, 2020 124 Spider Abarth
Occupation
Almost Retired
Our JT buying experience was excellent. Actually did all the negotiating via text. Robert at Toler was great to work with!

Bought our JL before we moved to coast. Negotiated and salesman said if we meet this circled price do we have a deal? Yep! He can back from talking with his manager with a written contract. The price was $500 more. I asked him to get the paper out of the trash can and he did. Oh, I am sorry. I was pissed. Getting ready to walk and sales guy said please give me 1 minute. They tried to pull a fast one. Came back with a new correct written contract with a few accessories thrown in. I bought the jeep but I will not go back! I hate these BS games!

LAJEEPR

First Name
Jimmie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
We did it this way. Last few vehicles we purchased were new and we paid cash, got what we believed was the best deal we could and put it out of our minds. On our Gladiator, we financed a 50K loan at 2.4% in advance of the dealing with the dealer crap. We had cash on hand to make up the difference so we started looking in earnest. In so cal so we started in the Inland Empire and shopped ten dealerships over two days clear to Long Beach and settled on a Rubicon at Ellis Dodge / Jeep in Glendale. They trotted out the vehicle, we drove it, and told THEM what we were willing to pay. They agreed and we got a 2020 Jeep Rubicon (loaded) for under 65 K. We settled on an extended warranty for a little extra and it seems to fit our driving habits. We came in the next day with a cashiers check for our part and a counter check for the remainder. This process took the sharp edge out of their negotiating tact and we got what we feel is a good deal. We were out of the dealership in 20 minues.. Been back for the first oil change, etc. and purchased some extra Jeep stuff. Can't say enough about the way we were treated. These vehicles are very popular in so cal and there is a shortage, so we found the dealers with the largest inventory were most able to deal our way. We love our Jeep, and will in the future buy another one.....
I just bought a 2020 JT Rubicon from Ellis Chrysler Dodge Jeep in Glendale and it’s the best experience I’ve had out of three Jeep purchases in LA metro region. Highly recommend. This is also where I had all my service work done on my JKU. Avoid the dealer in Ontario, super shady experience buying my girlfriend’s JL. Los Angeles Jeep on Figueroa near USC was an okay experience for my JKU.

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
I just bought a 2020 JT Rubicon from Ellis Chrysler Dodge Jeep in Glendale and it’s the best experience I’ve had out of three Jeep purchases in LA metro region. Highly recommend. This is also where I had all my service work done on my JKU. Avoid the dealer in Ontario, super shady experience buying my girlfriend’s JL. Los Angeles Jeep on Figueroa near USC was an okay experience for my JKU.
WE liked Ellis, met a family member there and he was engaged in our purchase. The Ontario dealership is owned by Moss Bros. And Iwould not purchase ANYTHING FROM THEM, EVER.....

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
We bought an A.R>E> shell for our JT from a place in Ontario on Holt Boulevard. Expensive, but what on a Jeep isn't. Waiting delivery
Sponsored