Shipping misshap from Northridge4x4

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
So, I ordered a set of Teraflex Nomad split spoke wheels for my wife's Wrangler. They showed up way quicker than expected, and I was pleasantly surprised.

Then I got another shipping notice from UPS for almost 200lbs. Another set of wheels showed up a few days later that I hadn't ordered. I checked my accounts and found no second charge anywhere.

I called Northridge 4x4 to verify the screw up, and they thanked me for calling, because their records showed that both orders had been made and paid for. While discussing them getting them picked up again by UPS I decided to keep the wheels.

I asked about a possible discount, due to them not having to pay shipping again to return them, but it was kind of ignored by the customer service guy. I ended up paying full price for the wheels, but feel like something could have been done since I could have technically just not mentioned the wheels to anyone.
Sponsored

JTenn

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Overland, 21 JT Willys
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Yeah they should kick a voucher or something your way as a thanks. But integrity is worth way more than a $1500 set of wheels. You should sleep better knowing you're not a sorry ass person that is out to take advantage of people. That seems to be the way of society now. I'm nobody and my opinion means nothing but I admire you for being honest. I would have done the same thing. Good job!

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
I've seen similar things happen, and I think I've even heard it may be illegal for a company to ask for something like that back if they ship it out. Someone please correct if I'm wrong, but they'd absolutely be SOL if it's true as they wouldn't be able to force you to pay for it or send it back.

At the end of the day though, yeah you did the right thing. @Northridge4x4 is always good to work with from my past purchases, chalk it up as good karma.

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery
PM sent to the OP.

we are going to dig in and find out what happened and take care of the OP. At the end of the day we want to reward honesty.

Sponsored

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery
To be fair I think the spirit of that law is to stop scam companies who you don’t know that ship you an item and then demand you pay for it. Not for a company you know, trust and establish a long standing relationship with that makes a mistake.

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Enginerd
To be fair I think the spirit of that law is to stop scam companies who you don’t know that ship you an item and then demand you pay for it. Not for a company you know, trust and establish a long standing relationship with that makes a mistake.
Not 1% of me hopes OP applies it in this case. You guys have been awesome in all my past business and I look forward to future purchases with you guys.

Already sounds like OP is willing to pay for the second set, what happens now is private between you guys.

jeepers29

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, GC
Occupation
Domestic engineer
PM sent to the OP.

we are going to dig in and find out what happened and take care of the OP. At the end of the day we want to reward honesty.
This is why you are my go to when looking for parts. Best CS out there.

Sponsored

James H

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Jack of all tirades
I just had a similar thing happen with Body Armor. Ordered rear fender liners and 2 pairs showed up, 1 pair had minor damage. I contacted them and they said they don't want them back. If anyone is interested, they are posted in the marketplace.

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Enginerd
I just had a similar thing happen with Body Armor. Ordered rear fender liners and 2 pairs showed up, 1 pair had minor damage. I contacted them and they said they don't want them back. If anyone is interested, they are posted in the marketplace.
I'm guessing they just filed a shipping damage claim against the shipping company for the damaged ones, easier on everybody.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I've had a few double shipped orders in past one that was a lost order that showed up about 3 months later that was a real W.T.F. I contacted the company I had ordered from for a R.M.A. At first they said just keep it due to being honest about receiving it after so long. I said thanks but I doubt I would ever be able to use it and don't want it laying around. The business is a small business too, I kinda believe or hope the karma thing somewhat. Let alone the only thing I have really is "my word or integrity" as it is. That latter thing has been a great big problem for many and a "downfall" for me most of my life.

Steven_B

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 WK2, 2001 XJ, 1993 YJ, 2021 JT EcoDiesel
Occupation
Digital Marketing Manager

Like the free music CD deals from back in the day. I think many of us fell for that scam!
Sponsored