Sponsored

Shock Specifications Thread

ratherbskiing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUWD
The two blank rows are the exact ones that I came to your post looking for! Thanks for the effort, I'll keep following.

OP
OP

rmerkushen

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Solutions Architect
The two blank rows are the exact ones that I came to your post looking for! Thanks for the effort, I'll keep following.
If you come across this info, please post it here..

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
which ones are which? It may just be me but the only ones that I know are the rubi ones because theyre listed. Otherwise I dont know what the others are or what models theyre from.

Sponsored

OP
OP

rmerkushen

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Solutions Architect
which ones are which? It may just be me but the only ones that I know are the rubi ones because theyre listed. Otherwise I dont know what the others are or what models theyre from.
Sorry, not really following what you are saying..

Each row represents a particular shock setup. Stock indicates fox factory rubicon, Mojave and Mopar 2 inch lift. I will spend some time later tonight to scrape off more information on Fox shocks 2.5, and 3 models.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry, not really following what you are saying..

Each row represents a particular shock setup. Stock indicates fox factory rubicon, Mojave and Mopar 2 inch lift. I will spend some time later tonight to scrape off more information on Fox shocks 2.5, and 3 models.
Apologies, I may have miss understood the purpose of the chart. By stock you have a stock rubi. I thought you also had data on stock sport / sport s / max tow / overland / willys. My mistake

OP
OP

rmerkushen

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Apologies, I may have miss understood the purpose of the chart. By stock you have a stock rubi. I thought you also had data on stock sport / sport s / max tow / overland / willys. My mistake
NO worries, just the ones that most care about.. Like I said, will update it with some more specs. Have an idea how to reorganize it a bit. So PM or post specs that are missing and I will gladly update. If you have other non-rubicon shocks, I can also enter those in.

Thanks!

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
If anyone needs a rear Fox shock which is 28” long (perfect for not having to replace brake lines), the JKS spec 2.0s are part number FOX98224927. They are 17.35” collapsed, and 27.95” extended.

Sponsored

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
If anyone needs a rear Fox shock which is 28” long (perfect for not having to replace brake lines), the JKS spec 2.0s are part number FOX98224927. They are 17.35” collapsed, and 27.95” extended.
I thought you didn't have to worry about the rears until you got near 30" extended?
The front cutoff is about 28" to avoid front driveshaft issues.

Looking at the numbers, nearly every non spacer lift increases front height to the point where the fox 2-3" shocks become a limiting factor, so the 3.5-4" shocks for the front and 2-3 in rears should work

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I thought you didn't have to worry about the rears until you got near 30" extended?
The front cutoff is about 28" to avoid front driveshaft issues.

Looking at the numbers, nearly every non spacer lift increases front height to the point where the fox 2-3" shocks become a limiting factor, so the 3.5-4" shocks for the front and 2-3 in rears should work
Even at 28” in the rear, the brake lines are stretched to the limit when flexing. Add longer brake lines if you are using shocks which are over 28” extended.

E62F6F37-3B10-4B91-99EB-1AC76A01778D.jpeg

techteacher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT '20 White Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Metalcloak Rocksport
2.5-3.5 lift
Rear Extended 28
Rear Collapsed 16.8
Rear Travel 11.2
Front Extended 30
Front Collapsed 17.7
Front Travel 12.3
Twin-tubed, Nitrogen Gas Charged

OP
OP

rmerkushen

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Updated table to include teraflex JT specs and reorganized the table a bit to make it more clear. Will add 2.5 and 3.0 Fox shock specs tonight.
Sponsored