Short hillclimb outside Joshua Tree 4.5" lift and 38's

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tomb Raider Rubicon, 2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Along Berdoo Canyon Road is this formidable hillclimb that doesn't look tough, but when I had 33's and no lift wasn't exactly possible. The other vehicles that made the climb had a difficult time ascending. This short section - usually on three wheels.

Sponsored

Weasel Caesar

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Looks a bit like this climb I found. I, uh, did not ascend. Still have a stock JTR... Even with a lift and tires, it looks difficult... might be hard to tell in the picture, but there are several vertical hazards, kind of a stair-step kinda deal.

20200502_140104.jpg

OP
OP
Desert Outlaw

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tomb Raider Rubicon, 2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Looks a bit like this climb I found. I, uh, did not ascend. Still have a stock JTR... Even with a lift and tires, it looks difficult... might be hard to tell in the picture, but there are several vertical hazards, kind of a stair-step kinda deal.

Jeep Gladiator Short hillclimb outside Joshua Tree 4.5" lift and 38's 20200502_140104
That looks very steep and narrow..

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer

Jeep Gladiator Short hillclimb outside Joshua Tree 4.5" lift and 38's 20200502_140104
And to think, a lot of these trails were made back in the horse and carriage days.

Sponsored

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer

Not sure if this is an actual trail?

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
There were definitely tire marks going up it. Can't say who or in what vehicle though. Let's of ATVs, quads and dirt bikes run through here.
I see the tire marks now. Looks challenging.
Sponsored