Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Quality Control Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I took this pic yesterday at a red light after a 56 mile trek from my home to Pittsburgh Pa. 46 of these miles was Interstate driving at the cruise set at 74 MPH and the beginning average was at 14.5, Granted at the time of the pic I only have 1001 miles on my stock Mojave Jeep and I took delivery September 1st 2022. The jeep gets driven usually on the weekends mostly rural driving. Or have I not even driven it enough to be concerned of the Avg MPG yet lol.

Jeep Gladiator Should I be seeing better Avg MPG IMG_0932 (2)
Sponsored

JTRDistraction

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Utility Substation Electrician
I took this pic yesterday at a red light after a 56 mile trek from my home to Pittsburgh Pa. 46 of these miles was Interstate driving at the cruise set at 74 MPH and the beginning average was at 14.5, Granted at the time of the pic I only have 1001 miles on my stock Mojave Jeep and I took delivery September 1st 2022. The jeep gets driven usually on the weekends mostly rural driving. Or have I not even driven it enough to be concerned of the Avg MPG yet lol.

Jeep Gladiator Should I be seeing better Avg MPG IMG_0932 (2)
I don't know what the average mpg for the 3.6 is, but it did take a while for mine to climb up.(My diesel is sitting at 26.6 at less than 2k miles) I've read somewhere on here about the computer calculations for mpg on our gladiators being pretty accurate, but you could always do a couple of hand calculations for curiosity and peace of mind.

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
Keep in mind any advertised window sticker fuel numbers come from 65mph driving in ideal testing conditions (no wind, flat road, etc). Any speed above that, fast acceleration, stop and go traffic, towing, and especially bad crosswinds will eat into that.

My 3.6 was actually very close to advertised mileage numbers when I first took it home from the dealership, but I was on a 65 mph highway with little traffic. I've had trips at 80 mph with bad crosswinds where I've seen as low as 14 mpg.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Mojave. 315/70s at +6 on stock ride height. 8k miles. Manual. I avg 15.5 to 16.

Most of my driving is 50mph stroads with traffic and lots of red lights. But when I do hit the highways I'm generally going about 80, so that's not helping me either.

Sponsored

VolInGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Gladiator Overland
Keep in mind any advertised window sticker fuel numbers come from 65mph driving in ideal testing conditions (no wind, flat road, etc). Any speed above that, fast acceleration, stop and go traffic, towing, and especially bad crosswinds will eat into that.

My 3.6 was actually very close to advertised mileage numbers when I first took it home from the dealership, but I was on a 65 mph highway with little traffic. I've had trips at 80 mph with bad crosswinds where I've seen as low as 14 mpg.
Speed is a big part of it. I’ve never done the math on any of my cars to see if it matches this data from DOE, but I know once I get over 70mph I notice a significant MPG drop.
Jeep Gladiator Should I be seeing better Avg MPG 1A294C01-25A9-468E-86E3-14FA8456037A

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
OP
OP
Mojave Nunzio

Mojave Nunzio

First Name
Nunzio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Quality Control Manager
Vehicle Showcase

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
3.6L Gas with now around 25,xxx miles on her. In the summer, I typically average 20 (+/-0.2) MPG running around and have seen as high as a calculated 27.5 MPG on straight highway, cruise set at 70 MPH this past summer. Now that we have the winter blend of gasoline, I've been getting 19 (+/-0.2) MPG. That's calculated fill to fill. The VIC generally agrees to within 1/2 MPG either way. A recent trip from home to the Toronto Canada area I averaged 22 MPG. Damned winter blend gasoline 🤬 🤬🤬

Towing I get around 13 (+/-0.3) MPG.

When I first took delivery of her in July of 2019, I went from home to Boston, MA and back and averaged 23.4 MPG for the whole trip. Running around that first year was around 19 MPG for the summer and 18 MPG for the winter.

Sponsored

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
I was thrilled when my Mojo hit the 17.1 mpg mark. Has dropped to 14.9 now that Winter is got a hold of the upper Midwest. Seems normal to me.

Still enjoying the ride!

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I feel like the mojaves in general seem to get worse mileage from what I've seen posted on here. I imagine the hood and frame reinforcements make for a heavier vehicle. That said it is winter gas time and I've consistently done 1.5-2 MPG worse this time of year than in the super with similar driving routes.

TimC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator , 2021 Wrangler
Occupation
Telecom
Mine got better as miles were added.
Sponsored