Sponsored

Should I buy a rear adjustable trackbar?

BuckSawLilandtheGoose

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I currently have a 2.5in leveling kit from Rubicon Express in my JTR. When I added my JCR rack and Hi lift jack etc to the rear I now have a "Carolina Lean" (back is lower than the front). So to fix the issue I just bought a Fabtech Sport 2 3in lift and 3/4 in spacers to add to the rear. I also bought an adjustable track bar for the front. My question is should I also buy an new track bar for the rear as well?
Sponsored

Jimmy-

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
I currently have a 2.5in leveling kit from Rubicon Express in my JTR. When I added my JCR rack and Hi lift jack etc to the rear I now have a "Carolina Lean" (back is lower than the front). So to fix the issue I just bought a Fabtech Sport 2 3in lift and 3/4 in spacers to add to the rear. I also bought an adjustable track bar for the front. My question is should I also buy an new track bar for the rear as well?
You could pick up a relocation bracket for the rear if needed, they work well.

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 JT Rubi, 2020 JT Sport Hemi Swap, 2021 JT Rubi Diesel

jrf

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (White), 2001 TJ Sahara (white)
Vehicle Showcase
A bracket, as @Jimmy- mentioned, would be the simple answer. It will also raise roll center and make the back of the truck handle better. Something like this would handle your needs. http://rockkrawler.com/jt-rear-track-bar-relocation-bracket/
Any chance you have some better photos of what this looks like installed? The photo in the above link doesn't show it installed. Also for what amounts of lift is this good for with the stock track bar? Thanks!

Sponsored

jrf

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
nah...get the pro-x rear upgrade from rock krawler. no track bar needed!
Funny, when I was on the site looking...I was thinking exactly the same thing....wonder if the upper arms are adjustable enough to work with only 2" of lift.

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any chance you have some better photos of what this looks like installed? The photo in the above link doesn't show it installed. Also for what amounts of lift is this good for with the stock track bar? Thanks!
I believe the bracket is still in our ProX JT in the parking lot, from when it was an X Factor. I'll snap a couple pics on lunch and post them up.

Reactions: jrf

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Funny, when I was on the site looking...I was thinking exactly the same thing....wonder if the upper arms are adjustable enough to work with only 2" of lift.
2" will work, you may need to limit uptravel though or relocate muffler and evap canister.

jrf

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
2" will work, you may need to limit uptravel though or relocate muffler and evap canister.
What about 2" lift with 2" bump stop spacers? I'd really consider going that way if that will work.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BuckSawLilandtheGoose

BuckSawLilandtheGoose

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
BuckSawLilandtheGoose

BuckSawLilandtheGoose

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So to add to my original post. I ended up cancelling my Fabtech order because they keep postponing the shipping date (now Feb). Soooo, for the mean time while i decide what full kit i will get I purchased 2in spacers for the rear. My new question is, can use the 2in steel spacers with the 3/4 poly spacer or is that unsafe? Again, this setup is temporary. Thanks again to everyone that has replied!

Jimmy-

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
So to add to my original post. I ended up cancelling my Fabtech order because they keep postponing the shipping date (now Feb). Soooo, for the mean time while i decide what full kit i will get I purchased 2in spacers for the rear. My new question is, can use the 2in steel spacers with the 3/4 poly spacer or is that unsafe? Again, this setup is temporary. Thanks again to everyone that has replied!
IMO, I wouldn't stack spacers, but I know people do it. I actually bought the same lift you were planning on getting. The store I bought it from shipped it the same day I ordered it. It took me 3 hours to put it on, it's a pretty good lift. I added an adjustable front track bar and a rear relocation bracket to it.

If you want that 3" lift look at other places to purchase it as you should be able to get it shipped the same day you order.
Sponsored