Sponsored

Show me pictures of rocksliders that works as a running board.

bnodine18

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I cannot decide and thought this might be the best way to make up my mind
Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I personally think the Mopar ones are great. They are essentially the same as the ones that come on the Rubicon or Mojave but they stick out a couple of inches.

It drives me nuts that these aren't original equipment. They certainly don't cost any more to make. They are identical except for the couple of extra inches in width. But they try to sell them as a $1100 option.

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
More like the other way around...Running boards that work like sliders...at least for me lol. I like a full length step as opposed to a drop step or rock rail. I like to be able to step up anywhere on the side and not just at the door. Or rock rails which you typically can't step on at all.

I have Go Rhino RB20s (Bedliner version) They recently just came out with a slim version but I don't prefer it since it's not enough to room step on in my opinion.

Jeep Gladiator Show me pictures of rocksliders that works as a running board. 285248A2-6C9C-4E6F-890A-AB69537C6955

Jeep Gladiator Show me pictures of rocksliders that works as a running board. 34362F40-1973-4109-A2AB-5D73B2DE4EF1

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
White Knuckle sliders. These things are bomb proof. They are frame mounted. Pricy tho.

Jeep Gladiator Show me pictures of rocksliders that works as a running board. 1663570133461

Jeep Gladiator Show me pictures of rocksliders that works as a running board. 1663570173587

Jeep Gladiator Show me pictures of rocksliders that works as a running board. 1663570204159

Jeep Gladiator Show me pictures of rocksliders that works as a running board. 1663570238834

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Jeep Gladiator Show me pictures of rocksliders that works as a running board. 20220904_180029

I just picked up the Mopar extended rails a few weeks ago. I was lucky to find them on the marketplace for $550. They're great and perfect for what I need. The kids still use them to climb in.

They are not a true slider though. If you plan on bashing your rig into boulders, then the white knuckle sliders like @Rusty PW 's are what you want

Pescatoral Pursuit

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 F-150, ‘15 CTS, ‘21 JT Urban Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Plumba
If you are looking for a drop step, then the Rock Hard Patriot angled down is probably the most capable Rock slider/step.
Then there's GoRhino Dominator D1 Extreme for more of a running board look, and there's also
Hooke Road, the one I'm in the process of installing, has a good looking and as a step, functioning product, but not without its issues:
it does not contour with the body, so if you don't want the back end sticking away from the body seam, then the front has to be shimmed out, and the body seam area should be blacked out.

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mike🖤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Rockslide Engineering
I second this one. I have these and they are absolutely amazing.

arskemp

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sarge Green Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT
I went for something that was a rock slider first, step second. If it's going to fail, I'd rather it fail as an adequate step then fail as a slider. Also wanted something that covered the pinch weld and went with the curve of the body (there are quite a few that don't)

Ended up with the rock-hard angle down sliders. Added grip tape to them otherwise they are too slippery when wet. Very happy with them thus far although I haven't beaten on them too heavily yet.

20220418_163050-01.jpeg

20220415_150604-02-01.jpeg

20220415_150533-01.jpeg

Sponsored

HooliganActual

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Whatever you do, make sure you get frame-mounted sliders if you plan to do any seriously wheeling/crawling. I have ACE sliders on my 2016 JKUR and because they are mounted using the body mount bolts, they can actually flex; so the first "real" hit they took, they flexed up and bent my tub.

I learned that hard lesson and now these are what I have on my 2020 JTR and my wife's 2018 JKUR. These are pure American BEEF and worth every penny (sorry,but pics are from the JKUR, guess I didn't take any of the JTR):
https://www.tntcustoms.com/jeep_par...eries_2020_present_jeep_wrangler_jt_gladiator
Jeep Gladiator Show me pictures of rocksliders that works as a running board. TNTsliders2

Jeep Gladiator Show me pictures of rocksliders that works as a running board. TNTsliders3

OP
OP

bnodine18

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I second this one. I have these and they are absolutely amazing.
It looks like your RSE steps are very clean but I can’t help but wonder if anybody has beaten the crap out of a pair what the results would be. To my limited knowledge I know they are well built and you can buy more armor but it would interesting to see…

OP
OP

bnodine18

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Jeep Gladiator Show me pictures of rocksliders that works as a running board. 101_1723 (2).JPG

I just picked up the Mopar extended rails a few weeks ago. I was lucky to find them on the marketplace for $550. They're great and perfect for what I need. The kids still use them to climb in.

They are not a true slider though. If you plan on bashing your rig into boulders, then the white knuckle sliders like @Rusty PW 's are what you want
You go those for a steal… I think those are a good option
Sponsored