Sponsored

Show Schedule?

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
Has anyone seen an official announcement (or reputable rumor) of when and where the JT reveal will be held?

Edit: If I missed an announcement or something I apologize.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billy

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope. Our rumors were LA Auto last I saw.
Thanks. Sounds reasonable, but it's not well published. Come on guys! (FCA) We need info!

2020 SCRAMBLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Nothing related to this launch is well published.

As a product Marketer myself, Jeep could take a HUGE page out of Ford Australia's pre-launch of the Ford Ranger Raptor and do a better job of building up demand.

My only guess is they are silent as to not cannibalize JL sales or delay timing of any sale.

Sponsored

jeepncrowd

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon (WILD MED)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Ugh. That's so late in the year.

Gladiator4Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Toyota pickup, 2015 4Runner TRD Pro, 1993 Harley Davidson FXSTS,
If the LA auto show isn't until November, how and why would they even be able to open the ordering prior to that?
If this drags out until next spring to be able to order I'm going to go cra cra

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
If the LA auto show isn't until November, how and why would they even be able to open the ordering prior to that?
If this drags out until next spring to be able to order I'm going to go cra cra
Pretty sure that is how it went down with the JL roll out as well. I am not sure who would want to order before seeing the final product but I guess some have enough faith in it. As excited as I am I will be waiting to see the reveal and hear about opinions, perhaps even late availability options before I order.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Yea JL was the same way, but this time last year we were seeing JL mules without the trash bags. My guess is the JT is is behind and I wouldn't even be surprised to see them push the launch back to Detroit with all the other Truck announcements.

OP
OP
Billy

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea JL was the same way, but this time last year we were seeing JL mules without the trash bags. My guess is the JT is is behind and I wouldn't even be surprised to see them push the launch back to Detroit with all the other Truck announcements.
Concur.

Sponsored

Karnaj

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Town & Country, 2002 Camry, 2003 Grand Am, 2021 Deisel JTR.
Occupation
Union Electrician
I won't stand for thus kind of talk around here.

2020 SCRAMBLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
The complacency and whatever attitude at FCA to constantly miss product and feature launch dates Is simply mind boggling (late JL model, 4 cylinder engine, 2 door JL, 3.0 diesel engine, Sky Top, delayed JT model).

If they miss L.A. Auto Show in December they should be ashamed. California has to be the largest market worldwide for the Wrangler category and to have no JT presence at that show and it's associated free coverage is a big miss.

FCA leaders should put their foot it someone's backside.

As a former product manager turned product marketer, if my team took YEARS to bring a highly profitable and in demand product concept to market we would have certainly been fired.

Let's be honest...they aren't recreating the Porsche 911...they aren't tackling the engineering feat of the Nissan GT-R...nor are they designing the Lexus LFA.

It's a stretched Wrangler!

Toyota and Ford have missed a huge opportunity to FAITHFULLY recreate the FJ40/FJ45 and the Bronco models and steal away much of Jeep's Wrangler category sales.

And THAT is likely the only thing that would have made the JT product come to market faster. SMH.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
While I don't disagree that FCA has never had the best track record (communication, deadlines, quality). You think you/we/forum members might be getting a little worked up to early? I mean go back and read the the thread. @Vegas_Sirk was just making an assumption based on what he saw during the JL roll out. Not that it was off base but it was an educated guess, now 3 post later we are crucifying FCA for not having the JT at the LA Auto show, which we don't even know was in the original plan, nor do we know for sure it won't be there. Keep in mind we are just a bunch of excited folks talking out our asses until FCA gives us an official update. Looking at you @JAY. Any word from Corporate on a revel date? How about another "unofficial" spy shot. Maybe just a tailgate or partially obstructed interior view. Anything small we can analyze and B.S. about for the next 2 weeks?

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Keep in mind we are just a bunch of excited folks talking out our asses until FCA gives us an official update.
This.

My post is just a guess that I based on what I see in comparison to the JL. Maybe the delays are due to issues they found on the JL and are trying to address them on the jT prior to launch (which would be awesome).

I work in sales and have a background in marketing, and I just see huge opportunities to develop buyers early on that FCA is missing out on by not putting out pre-release info and it blows my mind. They did a teaser campaign for the Hellcat so why not for a brand new Jeep? Maybe they feel enough demand will be there and they want to work out bugs on the first batch of buyers before they build up too much demand? Who knows.

Also speaking in terms of marketing, at least Ford has been teasing the Bronco. It hasn't been a lot, but they at least announced it was coming, then showed it under a cover. They are at least building the hype. They are just late to the game. If they could have put it out this year or in 2018 they would have been able to steal a LOT of Jeep Wrangler sales.
Sponsored