Sponsored

Side steps/rails etc. what are you all runnin ?

mmatthie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S
N-Fab questions...for me it's between the Nerf and the Podium. I like that both have the 3" tube instead of the 2" on the Nerf RS.

1.) From my understanding, the Nerf and Podium both have open ends? Is that correct? The Nerf RS has the caps though?
2.) Does anyone have issues running either of these with RokBlokz flaps? I'm hoping not to have to punch that rock slider hole out on the flaps...but wanted to know if these are free and clear of having to do that.

Thanks JT peeps...
Sponsored

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
N-Fab questions...for me it's between the Nerf and the Podium. I like that both have the 3" tube instead of the 2" on the Nerf RS.

1.) From my understanding, the Nerf and Podium both have open ends? Is that correct? The Nerf RS has the caps though?
2.) Does anyone have issues running either of these with RokBlokz flaps? I'm hoping not to have to punch that rock slider hole out on the flaps...but wanted to know if these are free and clear of having to do that.

Thanks JT peeps...
Yes, they are open on both ends for podium and Nerf. I have the nerf ons. The 2" RS don''t cover enough of the pinch weld seem in my opinion but do like that they are sealed.

I don't know if they go far enough fwd to have to knock the hole out in the flap. Both front and rear ends angle in towards the frame at each end

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Maybe you guys can suggest a step for me. I have 2 kiddos that are 5-6 years old and they really could use a step to help get in. So I want something that works with the Mojave factory rail but has a step my kids could use. I dont want it to be a permanent addition to the jeep, something I would take off in a year or two. just an affordable temporary solution.

DBoogieC

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR, 18 JKU
Build Thread
Link
Maybe you guys can suggest a step for me. I have 2 kiddos that are 5-6 years old and they really could use a step to help get in. So I want something that works with the Mojave factory rail but has a step my kids could use. I dont want it to be a permanent addition to the jeep, something I would take off in a year or two. just an affordable temporary solution.
The N Fab RKR (?) have removeable steps. And look like a rock rail when removed.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
RSE Power Steps with Armor. We love them. With the lifted truck, the platform to walk up and down and also step into bed is super nice. Also, the platform blocks mud and rocks from hitting the body.

Jeep Gladiator Side steps/rails etc.   what are you all runnin ? 2CCPTG

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jut60

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Snazzberry Mojave

Thanks JT peeps...
I have the RS steps and rally armor front mud flaps (universal larger ones) with no issues with clearance. They are not rokblokz , but pretty similar.

klmone

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2000 TJ
I've got the RSE Rockslider powered steps. I love these things and they feel very solid to step on. I'm on 37's for the moment, and have a 3" RKS ProX lift that I'm still waiting on so they'll become a lot more appreciated once the lift is on. They're kind of pricey but they seem to be of very high quality.
IMG_2287.JPG
IMG_2286.JPG

Sponsored

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
The ACE Engineering rock sliders are probably what you want. My kids are 5 and 8 and they always complained about getting into my stock Rubi. They love the ACE Engineering ones. You can keep the stock rubi rails with these sliders. They are quite beefy though and use 2" tubing. Rock Hard angled down steps are another good option. You would have to remove your rubi rails but could always just hang onto them if you wanted to reinstall them later.

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Rock Hard Angled Down sliders.
I have TNT sliders I (not easily) mounted. I like my flat look and construction but from reading here every day I think I would have been happier with Rock Hard angled down sliders. They check every box.
My 3 and 7yo still have a hard time getting into the flat slider on my stock Rubicon.
I also think the height is awkward. I hated not having a step on the stock JTR, but a flat step is not low enough. I can step onto it fine, but then stepping into the truck is more of a crouch.
If the step was lower, like RH, then it’d be a more natural step up into the truck.
I also can’t reach my flat sliders when stepping out so this also wasn’t a benefit I gained from my flat ones. I still have to slide out of my seat, which is what I was trying to avoid.