Sponsored

SiriusXM Guardian™ subscription???

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Your SiriusXM Guardian™ subscription for your Jeep Wrangler will expire
To ensure there is no gap in your safety coverage and continue using remote services like Remote Vehicle Start, Remote Door Lock/Unlock, Vehicle Finder and Remote Horn & Lights, call us today to continue your subscription.*

Do you plan to renew your subscription?

Yes, why?
No, why?
Sponsored

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
NO, I haven't used it other then the 2 times I wanted to see if it would unlock the doors.

Both times took longer than me walking back inside to get my key. Heck, it took longer for the app to open and connect than my walk inside to get my keys, then another 30-45 seconds for the unlock command to process...so it's not of use for me.

And it has NEVER been able to locate my vehicle when I tested it.

Neanderthalman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Too expensive.

The remote starter is fantastic for me as I work shift in a very large workplace - usually walking about a half mile to where I've parked. Key fob range is pathetic. Being able start it warming up on super cold mornings from my phone has been amazing and I'll miss it.

But I'm not paying the exorbitant Sirius ransom.

None of the other features are of any value whatsoever.

I'll put that money into an aftermarket starter with a longer range. Installed a Viper 4806 in my previous vehicle and it worked great. Gonna pick up another to install this summer when the weather is nice.

karynm8621

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
No, for a period of time it completely stopped working. Sometimes it’s spotty. It’s not worth it

Sponsored

dj3513

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Unlimited / Granite Crystal Metallic / Sky One–Touch Power Top
I'm still on the trial period. I'm still on the fence. I do like that when i'm in work and the Jeep is parked far away i can start it up 10 minutes before I leave. ( Or while at a restaurant with the family). I know its more of a novelty but I also like viewing the tire pressure , oil life etc.

How much is it to renew that will be my deciding factor?

Thanks!!!

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
No.

RichD

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S
I'm still on the trial period. I'm still on the fence. I do like that when i'm in work and the Jeep is parked far away i can start it up 10 minutes before I leave. ( Or while at a restaurant with the family). I know its more of a novelty but I also like viewing the tire pressure , oil life etc.

Thanks!!!
The Sirius XM radio service is a nice have. No commercials, wide range of music and news. I have it in my Edge, miss it in my JL. The other bells and whistles would not interest me.

Jo's Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
NO, I haven't used it other then the 2 times I wanted to see if it would unlock the doors.

Both times took longer than me walking back inside to get my key. Heck, it took longer for the app to open and connect than my walk inside to get my keys, then another 30-45 seconds for the unlock command to process...so it's not of use for me.

And it has NEVER been able to locate my vehicle when I tested it.
Ditto for me for the same reasons...

OP
OP

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD

Thanks!!!
Packages start as low as $12.99 a month

Sponsored

Tfom

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I have a ways to go before this becomes an issue, but I have a question that I can't seem to find the answer to. If I break down in the middle of nowhere, does the SOS call rely on cell phone coverage or does it connect through the satellite connection?

Stingrey

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JTR & 2015 RR
Occupation
Civil Eng.
I have a ways to go before this becomes an issue, but I have a question that I can't seem to find the answer to. If I break down in the middle of nowhere, does the SOS call rely on cell phone coverage or does it connect through the satellite connection?
I would say it works off cell coverage.
This is from the XM Guardian TOS on the internet.

" 7. ADDITIONAL TERMS APPLICABLE TO SIRIUSXM GUARDIAN SERVICES
A. System Requirements and Activation
. To receive certain Services including SiriusXM Guardian Services, your Vehicle must come with an authorized Uconnect system which is capable of being connected to the designated wireless carrier network, and contains the necessary equipment, including hardware and software, used to provide SiriusXM Guardian Services to your Vehicle. In addition, you must register with Uconnect and maintain an active SiriusXM Guardian subscription...."

https://www.driveuconnect.com/sirius-xm-guardian/terms.html

Jocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue 4xe Rubicon
It does in fact require cell coverage! Discovering that fact was the moment when I made up my mind the service was not for me.

Tfom

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
It does in fact require cell coverage! Discovering that fact was the moment when I made up my mind the service was not for me.
OK lol. So basically their snake oil will cure all manner of diseases and maladies.

Does someone sell replacement buttons I wonder??

Jocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue 4xe Rubicon
OK lol. So basically their snake oil will cure all manner of diseases and maladies.

Does someone sell replacement buttons I wonder??
I was disappointed, but I do understand. It’s a general purpose service that Sirius offers and for the VAST majority of vehicles, it would be adequate. It does seem silly for Wranglers because they are often off grid, but the service it is what it is. Jeep can either offer the option or not at all. I’m always for giving people options. Most Wranglers will likely never be out of cell coverage. Mine will during the warmer months, so for me I went with a low end Garmin inReach device.
Sponsored