SiriusXM sucks on 2021 Jeep Gladiator.

Doogie58303

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
I ready to pull my hair out !! I have a 2021 Jeep gladiator and the SiriusXM reception really sucks. I’ve had satellite radio since 2003 in many cars and trucks but the reception in my Gladiator is the worst. Even if I’m driving on a road with trees on both side not hanging over the center of the road the SiriusXM cuts out. I have 2 friends one with a 2020 Jeep Wrangler and hers cuts out too and another friend with a 2019 Jeep Wrangler and his sucks too. I believe it’s definitely the placement of antenna on top of the sound or roll bar. Satellite antenna’s should definitely be on the outside of the vehicle. I understand why Jeep installs the antenna in this location so you can remove the tops but there has to be a better placement Jeep can come up with. I read about that someone used an aftermarket SiriusXM antenna but then the back up camera didn’t work. Anybody move there SiriusXM antenna to another location with any success? Please share your thoughts. Thanks.
Sponsored

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I’m not having these issues. It works as well on my Gladiator as it did on my ‘16 F150. I wish it would buffer the music longer, but it’s not a deal breaker.

I do experience it cutting out when there are physical barriers: going under an overpass, surrounded by sky scrapers, etc.)

MrJeep

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Rubicon, 2020 Gobi JT Overland
I recently figured out that if you have sirius and android auto you can run it through the app for better reception (cell signal) and the sound quality is much better.
That said, the sirius reception in my Glady is no better or worse than 5 other cars I've had it in. Maybe worth a dealer visit?

OP
OP

Doogie58303

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
I recently figured out that if you have sirius and android auto you can run it through the app for better reception (cell signal) and the sound quality is much better.
That said, the sirius reception in my Glady is no better or worse than 5 other cars I've had it in. Maybe worth a dealer visit?
I can play my SiriusXM through Apple CarPlay. It just bugs me that I can’t use my factory SiriusXM. I’m going to have the dealer look into it when I bring in for my first service.

Sponsored

YayMud!

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
car guru
I notice the same thing about XM reception from time to time. However, recently I noticed my XM radio plays much quieter than regular radio or bluetooth audio. I thought XM radio was supposed to be digital and sound better than an analog radio station, not quieter. Odd.

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
No issues on mine. Cuts out where the harley does and where the Tacoma did. No better, no worse!

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I notice the same thing about XM reception from time to time. However, recently I noticed my XM radio plays much quieter than regular radio or bluetooth audio. I thought XM radio was supposed to be digital and sound better than an analog radio station, not quieter. Odd.
Have you tried having SiriusXM perform a reset? I had a similar issue on my ‘16 F150 and after contacting them they sent a reset signal to my head unit that fixed it.

rhinotx

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Never had it before but it works pretty good in my 2021 JT. However being in Central Texas big trees are not much of an issue. It does cut out under covered gas stations and covered garages.

Sponsored

Alligatorgun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I feel like mine is pretty terrible as well. My 2018 F-150 rarely lost signal. Now, if there are tree branches over the road, the Gladiator loses signal…

MarkrR6754

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2005 Crossfire Roadster
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Surprising post. Had SiriusXM in the Dodge Dakota I traded for my 2021 Gladiator and haven't noticed anything different...well, yes I have. In the Gladiator my radio starts immediately. On my Dakota, it would take anywhere from 30 seconds to several days to connect. Once it connected, changing channels imposed a 5 sec delay. Seems nearly instantaneous in the Jeep. Overall, happy as a clam with the radio.

Jaydebe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stacy'sMom aka: 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Renovations
Vehicle Showcase