Skids for factory diff covers

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Anyone installed something like this ?

Mopar 659744RR Differential Cover Skid Plate

seems like a cheap way to add some protection at least for rear which gets slammed and dragged here and there
Sponsored

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Pretty sure that's for the older style D44's, not the new Advanteks.

This is more expensive but REALLY solid: https://metalcloak.com/jt-gladiator-m220-rear-differential-skid-plate.html

The front requires a replacement diff cover but isn't expensive: https://metalcloak.com/jl-wrangler-jt-gladiator-front-differential-cover-skid-plate-kit.html

Anyone installed something like this ?

Mopar 659744RR Differential Cover Skid Plate

seems like a cheap way to add some protection at least for rear which gets slammed and dragged here and there

OP
OP
shrinkhead

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Pretty sure that's for the older style D44's, not the new Advanteks.

This is more expensive but REALLY solid: https://metalcloak.com/jt-gladiator-m220-rear-differential-skid-plate.html

The front requires a replacement diff cover but isn't expensive: https://metalcloak.com/jl-wrangler-jt-gladiator-front-differential-cover-skid-plate-kit.html
i saw the metalcloack one. Curious how much clearance it costs but Looks like exactly what I would need so I can just drag the rear diff over rocks. I am at a point where I am thinking to just get a 2 door for wheeling as the wheelbase of the JT is kinda nuts. Stuff a 2 door on 2 inch lift with 34s is not dragging anything I am scraping hard. could just get a buggy 2 door and tow it with the glad lol

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
My YJ has a 4" lift and I put the 33's from my JTR on it - if I want to do something silly, I know which Jeep to use.

I put the MC skids on the big Jeep to avoid problems, not to go look for them :)

i saw the metalcloack one. Curious how much clearance it costs but Looks like exactly what I would need so I can just drag the rear diff over rocks. I am at a point where I am thinking to just get a 2 door for wheeling as the wheelbase of the JT is kinda nuts. Stuff a 2 door on 2 inch lift with 34s is not dragging anything I am scraping hard. could just get a buggy 2 door and tow it with the glad lol

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer

Sponsored

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the Rancho diff glide plates (front and rear) over the weekend. Install was straight forward after I got the new front U bolt from Rancho. I might swap out the bolts for the rear cover that go over the diff as I could not get the bracket to line up exactly even due to the bolts being a bit short. But it worked for now. I had them on my 2010 JKUR and they worked well.

Front Glide plate 1.jpg

Front Glide plate 2.jpg

Rear glide plate 1.jpg

Rear glide plate 2.jpg

AJ-MJ

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Grand Cherokee and 1954 Willys
Occupation
Retired
I installed the Rough Country front Differential skid plate. I like it's design. It is well built, good welds and really beefy. It is more reasonably priced and I would recommend you consider it.
Sponsored