Sponsored

Slight pull to the right...can't figure it out.

JustNJeeps

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S GC, 1974 Chevy C10, 1998 GMC 2500
Vehicle Showcase
I have to keep a little "pressure" on the steering wheel to the left to keep the JT going straight down the road. Here's what I've done, Mopar lift, 1' spacer, JKS Adjustable track bar, Synergy brace, Fox Stabilizer, BFG 37s. The truck sits perfectly centered & I've had 2 alignments done on quality Hunter machines & both print outs show the alignment is spot on. We do A LOT of lifts at my shop and never had this issue before. Any suggestions would be appreciated...I'm stumped.
Sponsored

Phred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Green Gladiator Rubicon
Mine does the same and I have very similar set up. Mopar lift, synergy brace and adj track. Adding 37s in a few weeks..

Dunno...

I thinks it’s the steering box...

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed3, 1956 F100
Occupation
Engineer
What kind of roads are you driving on? It may just be following the crown of the road and there's nothing wrong with your JT, just the increase in tire means more input is required to keep it tracking on roads where it is going to pull

P.Lo

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Sounds like it needs just a touch more positive caster on the RF, if you've already looked at all the obvious culprits.

OP
OP
JustNJeeps

JustNJeeps

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What kind of roads are you driving on? It may just be following the crown of the road and there's nothing wrong with your JT, just the increase in tire means more input is required to keep it tracking on roads where it is going to pull
Definitely not the roads. I've tested on perfectly paved flat roads...left lane, middle lane & right lanes.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JustNJeeps

JustNJeeps

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have this issue, mine is stock except the fox stabilizer I put on. Issue began immediately after install.
interesting... maybe I'll put the stock one back on and see what happens

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
which fox stabilizer do you have? The non-TS model has to be balanced in a certain way or it will pull. The TS (through shaft) should be neutrally balanced out of the box.

Sponsored

Walldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I have this issue, mine is stock except the fox stabilizer I put on. Issue began immediately after install.
Did you prime the stabilizer? Turn the steering wheel lock to lock at least 5 times to prime the stabilizer.

OP
OP
JustNJeeps

JustNJeeps

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So I just swapped out the stabilizer and it drove straight as an arrow!!
only issue is I hit a couple big bumps and got a shimmy out of the steering wheel. How do I clock the 2.0 stabilzer? I tried youtube but didn't find a good video.

Jeep Gladiator Slight pull to the right...can't figure it out. 7EA2862E-88B2-4561-9BC9-A9E841B4294C

Last edited:

Phred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Green Gladiator Rubicon
Very interesting. I was looking to upgrade to the through-shaft...maybe this will speed up that purchase.

Let us know how it goes if you replace...

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
So I just swapped out the stabilizer and it drove straight as an arrow!!
only issue is I hit a couple big bumps and got a shimmy out of the steering wheel. Which stabilizer is this one? I can’t find the receipt. Is it the one that has to be clocked?

Jeep Gladiator Slight pull to the right...can't figure it out. 7EA2862E-88B2-4561-9BC9-A9E841B4294C
There should be a part number on it but that is not the through shaft version....the through shaft has a shaft extending out of the other end and comes with a different bracket

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Same issue, same Fox stabilizer. It's apparently a common issue where they're supposed to be primed but that did fuck-all fixing mine even doing it to the extremes off the truck.

It seems like it's a bit better 4k in or so now but it'll probably never go away. It's a mild inconvenience at this point and I'm just going to do the through version once Northridge or someone does a blanket coupon code.
Sponsored