Slight rusting bump stops Mojave

jebsurf

First Name
jeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 twin turbo explorer sport
Not the end of the world, but I’m having some minor rusting on my hydro bump stops on my Mojave. I noticed it when I was putting on my taraflex leveling kit. Educated guess would be the boot that is around it is holding water and not draining. It’s held tight at the base with a ziptie. I took my stuff off and I’m gonna leave it that way, but none the less you guys might want to put a drain hole at the base. This truck is only 3 months old, so I could only imagine if I had caught it a year or so down the road, especially if it’s driven in a very salty environment (winter up north). Just giving you guys a heads up. Happy Jeeping
Jeep Gladiator Slight rusting bump stops Mojave 9A6FD852-9EBC-4DC8-A9F3-D5DAB3932DED
Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Leveling kit? Surprised you would need that, I looked at a couple Mojave’s today and they seemed to sit a little nose high.

OP
OP
jebsurf

jebsurf

First Name
jeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It deff had some rake to the front. I did the 1.5 by taraflex. They come with 2 spacers, a 1” and a .5” for your own desired taste. I did the 1.5” (total) and now it sits nose high lol. I do have a lot of weight in the bed (a decked box filled with tools) so I may take the .5” out.

Reactions: Mac

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
A little corrosionx will take care of that for you ... Ill go check mine based on this ...

Sponsored

OP
OP
jebsurf

jebsurf

First Name
jeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sure thing fellas, hopefully it helped

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport S w/max tow
Not a fan of drilling holes without knowing the results ahead of time.

DesertRunner

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Giulia
The Mojave comes with internal bypass shocks meaning you should not alter the ride height unless you are correcting it back to stock height due to additional weight. You want to stay within the bypass zone otherwise ride and handling will be adversely affected.
Sponsored