Sponsored

Slush mats. Dealer price

Mudnyeri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LE Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Went to my dealer today to get slush mats. He tried to charge me 200 bucks. I asked what happened since the Mopar site has them for $165. He said that was the old part number. I told him I wanted the old part number. He gave them to me for $165. Buyer beware.
Sponsored

Elwenil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Dodge Ramcharger
Occupation
Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Dealership Parts Manager
$165 is the retail price, for both the old and the new number.

Time to find another dealer.

Shorty064

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Purchased Gladiator Rubicon 10 31 19
Went to my dealer today to get slush mats. He tried to charge me 200 bucks. I asked what happened since the Mopar site has them for $165. He said that was the old part number. I told him I wanted the old part number. He gave them to me for $165. Buyer beware.
I found same mats on amazon 106.00

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport S w/max tow
From Amazon I got mine for $106, no tax or shipping. I have yet to find any accessories at the local dealership for reasonable price compared to Amazon or online supplier.

Sponsored

Elwenil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Dodge Ramcharger
Occupation
Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Dealership Parts Manager
Im pretty sure parts managers make commissions.
Not any that I have ever heard of. Some dealerships or groups will have a profit sharing type deal and there may be some sort of bonus for a good year, but it's not driven by each little sale. The most profitable dealerships don't really bother much with the Mopar accessories as there is not enough profit on them where they are priced or they don't move enough of them at a lower price to make up for it. They can sell aftermarket accessories for cheaper and make more. Now the sales dept., they might make commission for a sale, but not any parts department I have ever worked in.
Sponsored