SmartCap EVO goes on Gladiator with a SoftTop

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Tacoma, Tundra, F Series, Silverado...
Jeep Gladiator SmartCap EVO goes on Gladiator with a SoftTop RSI Logo

Hello to all on the Gladiator Forum,

Below are fitment photos and two video links for a SmartCap EVO installed on a Gladiator with a soft top. As you will see, it works perfectly and allows you to remove the soft top's back window panel—letting you gain access to the front cab slider on the EVO.

Our Gladiator Edition can be
pre-ordered on our website and we are still on track for them to arrive in North America in October.

Please check it out and let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

The RSi Team

Jeep Gladiator SmartCap EVO goes on Gladiator with a SoftTop SmartCap Headline copy

General Video:

Removal of the Soft Top's Rear Window:

Jeep Gladiator SmartCap EVO goes on Gladiator with a SoftTop IMG_0183

Jeep Gladiator SmartCap EVO goes on Gladiator with a SoftTop IMG_0184

Jeep Gladiator SmartCap EVO goes on Gladiator with a SoftTop IMG_0185

Jeep Gladiator SmartCap EVO goes on Gladiator with a SoftTop IMG_0186

Jeep Gladiator SmartCap EVO goes on Gladiator with a SoftTop IMG_0187

Jeep Gladiator SmartCap EVO goes on Gladiator with a SoftTop IMG_0190

Jeep Gladiator SmartCap EVO goes on Gladiator with a SoftTop IMG_0191
Sponsored

Last edited:

WhippetTaxi

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 410, 2011 BMW 1M, 2001 F250
Occupation
Retired
I kept looking at the wire mesh effect in the SmartCap windows and finally realized it was parked with a chain link fence in the background. Probably not the best spot for photos. I do have a question about the glass windows. Do they have any level of tinting or UV protection from the factory?

Hurley82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon , BMW F800GS
How do you get the bottom Length of the rear window channel back in. I usually start at one side and have to apply direct pressure every few inches to seat it. ???

OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Tacoma, Tundra, F Series, Silverado...
I kept looking at the wire mesh effect in the SmartCap windows and finally realized it was parked with a chain link fence in the background. Probably not the best spot for photos. I do have a question about the glass windows. Do they have any level of tinting or UV protection from the factory?
You are absolutely correct about the chain link. Its funny, we see these caps all the time so I think that was lost on us when we captured the fitment shots. We will pay closer attention to that in the future. As for tinting, yes, our caps do come tinted from the factory. In these shots, the glass appears to be a bit more transparent than what you can expect due to the fact they were shooting into a brighter light source. I would encourage you to look on our site or Instagram account at other vehicles to get a proper perspective on the tinting.

RickWeber

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator & 2015 Wrangler JKU
Vehicle Showcase
How do you get the bottom Length of the rear window channel back in. I usually start at one side and have to apply direct pressure every few inches to seat it. ???
Starting on one side you apply pressure to seat it as far as you can then access the middle section through the slider window in the cap and finish on the opposite side. It took less than 5 minutes to do this.

Sponsored

gmc1000_1965

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Im def in for more pics please. Can we get a full Jeep side shot with the cap? I too have a softtop and would like to see more pics of this setup. Its getting me interested.

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@RSI North America Inc I really think that you guys knocked it out of the park with the style on this cap. It is by far my favorite of the metal canopies. To me, the rest of them look like someone just took a wash basin and turned it upside down over the bed. I'm all for function, but with a piece this large that completely changes the lines of the vehicle, it has to have some style.

I've had my pre-order in for a couple of weeks now, and can't wait to get my hands on it (hopefully) in October. This shell is a critical piece of my build, and I look forward to putting it through its paces out on the trail.

zprovo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator BMW-R1150GS Toyota-FJ60 Porsche-914
Occupation
Architect
I feel like October can't get here fast enough!

Pscobee

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator
Occupation
Executive
So thinking i can install this on my gladiator and add a smart rack with kayak J mounts, mount my kayak and slide up?

How high would the top be?

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
I'm going with Yakima control towers with round bars with boat loader for my kayaks, will mount right on rails, one of the reasons I bought the Cap, buying a bed cover and rack will start approaching the top , not close but start approaching! My kayaks I like gunnel down on bars, Native, OK, and Liquid Logic propel. The propel is my heavy yak at only 68 lbs. so not a hard lift.......Jack

PS: Just realized my Liguid Logic Mata Ray is orange, people will think I got an orange yak to match the orange accents on Mojave, not to be seen by boats in the bays.

Sponsored

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Yup, go to RSI website, has roof rails that Thule, Yakima, just about any brand of rack fit into, the smart rack looks pretty cool with the way it comes down, should not be too hard to pivot up with a yak on it. I like my old school Yakima removable racks for when not using them, takes two minutes to put them on or off, have used them for years Cap is rated at 330 pounds dynamic roof load also. The smart rack would be a bit of money. but I wouldn't want the weight and wind resistamce up there all the time for me.

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@RSI North America Inc I have an odd request, if you can oblige, or if you happen to know:

Can you tell me the mounting distance (width) between the two top tracks from centerline to centerline?

Thanks!

RickWeber

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator & 2015 Wrangler JKU
Vehicle Showcase

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
It is 47”
Awesome, thanks! I appreciate you.

Do you happen to have the length of the roof too by chance? If not, no big deal at all. I'm trying to put together a list of potential racks that I can mount.
Sponsored