Smittybilt Gen3 Tube Doors (77794)- Tube door option

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
I just installed these tonight, and went for a quick ride. The doors fit great and I did not hear any rattle, and they feel secure.

The instructions, however, are some of the worst I've ever read. The writing is unclear and imprecise, the illustrations are non-existent, and the photographs look like photocopies of photocopies. I almost returned them because I couldn't get them to latch, and it seemed futile after maybe an hour. But then I noticed some adjustment nuts on the latch (not mentioned in the instructions), and form there, it wasn't too bad.

I just got the front pair, because my kid is three, so I don't see myself taking the backs off for the next several years. I like the doors a lot, but the instructions could have served better as kindling for my barbecue. I may get the skins for them eventually, but my next mod is 35s, so that's not a priority right now.

20210705_215302.jpg

20210705_212611.jpg
Sponsored

adentmon

First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I like the simplicity in the design of those. I got a great deal on a set from vicious that came last week, but it's been raining pretty much non stop so I haven't got to put them on yet.

OP
OP
NachoRuby

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like the simplicity in the design of those. I got a great deal on a set from vicious that came last week, but it's been raining pretty much non stop so I haven't got to put them on yet.
I'm hoping for no rain tomorrow, but there's a slight chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon. I'm embarrassed to say I'd never heard of vicious, but I'm checking them out now. I'll have to add them to my list of suppliers. My mainstays were always Quadratec and the former JC Whitney. I got these from 4wheelparts, because they have a warehouse not too far from me, so I can shop in person, which is nice.

OP
OP
NachoRuby

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One nice thing about tube doors/doors off is that it's much easier than taking the whole hard top off, and I don't have the sun beaming down on my head when it's 97°F outside.

adentmon

First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I'm hoping for no rain tomorrow, but there's a slight chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon. I'm embarrassed to say I'd never heard of vicious, but I'm checking them out now. I'll have to add them to my list of suppliers. My mainstays were always Quadratec and the former JC Whitney. I got these from 4wheelparts, because they have a warehouse not too far from me, so I can shop in person, which is nice.
Truth be told, I'd looked at vicious before, but this was the first time I'd ordered anything from them. It was a pleasant experience and they shipped out next day. When I grabbed the doors, they were $210 a set (front/rear) so figured what the hell. I'm pretty happy with them so far, just eager for the rain to stop so I can try them on.

https://viciousoffroad.com/i-30591442-2018-2020-wrangler-jl-tube-doors-front-pair-jl-6154.html
Sponsored