First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S with max tow package, 2008 Suburban LTZ
Occupation
ICU Nurse

I have a Smittybilt 9500 XRC on a Tactic Stubby bumper. Took my boys up to the Jemez Mts to go fishing on the Rio Puerco for some native Rio Grande Cutthroat Trout. Usually go the back route around to the north but decided to take a shortcut on this road my GPS called Moon Valley Ranch Road. Which I've been on before going down. It is totally a Jeep trail.

It was fine for about a mile until we ran into snow. I got out and it looked fairly shallow. Little did I know there was about a 6" crust that had no issues holding my 200 lbs. But underneath was knee deep snow.
Jeep Gladiator Smittybilt saved my bacon... 52269

Jeep Gladiator Smittybilt saved my bacon... 52272

Tried Hi-lift jacking each wheel up and put logs underneath for traction.

Jeep Gladiator Smittybilt saved my bacon... 52273

Just chewed the wood up. Only option was to winch my self forward through about 300+ft of deeper snow to a spot that had no snow. Had to go back and forth between different trees on opposite sides of the road until I got there. Then had to turn around and go in the same track to get stuck again and repeat the process of winching out. The whole plan hinged on about a 100 ft. pull latched onto a tree no smaller around than a 500 mL water bottle through thigh high snow. I was sweating it none the least. It was EPIC!!!

Jeep Gladiator Smittybilt saved my bacon... 52271

My helper.

Jeep Gladiator Smittybilt saved my bacon... 52270

After driving back through mud.

Jeep Gladiator Smittybilt saved my bacon... 20210331_140045

Jeep Gladiator Smittybilt saved my bacon... 20210331_140034
Sponsored

Last edited: