I want mine, THAT is all that counts.

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
Open air driving with truck capabilities and I'm to much of a sissy to get a motorcycle.
I like that motorcycle excuse. Mine is because I'm too broke does that count? Honestly I like the idea of trailing out to the middle of nowhere and finding a nice fishing and camping spot no one can get to while I have my roof and doors off. I like the rugged "this truck can go anywhere " look and I like the uniqueness. This truck screams take me camping take me hunting take me fishing. Let's go for a adventure. That's everything I've ever wanted and then some

Sponsored

Daddiator

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1998 Cherokee XJ, 2004 Crossfire, 2006 300 5.7
Occupation
Fabricator/Patternmaker
I’ve been having a hard time justifying spending Ram 1500/2500 money on a Glad S.. but really I just wanted a truck. I don’t need a whole damn Ram, and it being a Jeep just sells it to me. Coming from an XJ, I think I’ll be in heaven

GoneTopless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Asian/European
So at the end of the day the 1500 Ram is cheaper hauls more.. and isn't a pain to order.
Why the Glad?

https://www.ramtrucks.com/build.ram...62,AEF,ANT,ADB,UAV,AHC,Z6D,RC3,X9,PR4,27Z,APA

I was originally going to buy the new RAM. I drove it and it was very nice. However even with the off road package I would totally ruin that truck due to the road conditions

I need a truck that can haul a horse trailer and make it to the barn in spring and winter. The spring and winter have been abominable.

I lost on vehicle in my driveway when we had a 2+ foot storm after another storm. I hit some packed snow and boom coolant everywhere. I nearly ruined my other vehicle on the first warm day of mud season

The Rubicon Gladiator will easily get me and my daughter everywhere we need to go. I’m tired of destroying nice cars and the price that accompanies driving them in New England

The Jeep is loud and rattles, it drives like a truck, it has little storage in the cab, gets about the same mpg as a full size truck, it’s over priced, etc and I can’t wait to get it

I’m sure the towing will also leave something to be desired. But as long as it manages I don’t care.

It will have a lot of memories and be the vehicle my baby girl likely learns to drive for the first time (she is 10)

I think a lot of people don’t understand what owning a Jeep is like. They expect it to be like the RAM which to me is the Mercedes of trucks. It’s not. The RAM is refined but big, haughty with that V8, purposeful, spacious, and has a lot of presence

The Jeep is not that. It’s nice don’t get me wrong. But if it gets dirty I couldn’t care, if it gets scratched not a big deal, if the dogs are filthy on back seat no problem! Easy clean. It’s warm and good in bad weather and reasonably safe and it doesn’t look like anything else. It’s slow by comparison and I like that as I’m not in a hurry these days and there are cops everywhere where I live

I just can’t decide on color - do I want to keep the heat off with white? Do I want classic silver that hides scratches and dirt? Or do I want to step outside the norm and be garish with orange? Will the blue look as good as I hope (I don’t think it will)

This is my first American car

bairdy380

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux SR5 Dual Cab
Here's my dumb response....every since my youth and seeing CJ5 and 7's I have always wanted a "Jeep"....but I drive a dual cab 4x4 and love the practicality of it....to date jeep hasn't offered this...now they do. Thus my extreme interest

Sponsored

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara, C-182 Skylane

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I’ve been having a hard time justifying spending Ram 1500/2500 money on a Glad S.. but really I just wanted a truck. I don’t need a whole damn Ram, and it being a Jeep just sells it to me. Coming from an XJ, I think I’ll be in heaven
  1. I already hate parking my minivan in a parking lot, a full size truck would anger me on the daily while parking.
  2. topless, doorless
  3. most off road capability
  4. all full size trucks look alike
  5. Because Jeep
  6. Hauls 19 sheets of plywood
  7. best rear legroom in midsize segment,
  8. best towing for 4xr4 in midsize segment
  9. nice tech
  10. the ladies like it
  11. the guys envy it
  12. more plywood
  13. super aftermarket support
  14. My 2 year old knows what a jeep looks like, "Jeep Daddy", and i've NEVER OWNED A JEEP "ICONIC" :jk:

Tire Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon JT, 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Sales Director Alloy Wheel Repair
What's not to like. For us it is the lens of our two circles of need and want. SUV and truck. Big but not full size huge. Hella cool but not exotic. Instantly recognizable but no one has one.

It is our Goldilocks...

Last edited:

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
It has been stated already, but it is because it is a mid-sized pickup. Most of us don't need a full size half ton.

The gladiator is a lifestyle vehicle. With the aftermarket support there is, you can do ANYTHING to one of these trucks. We all seem to be jeep people at heart, and have a love/hate with building a vehicle to our exact specs. There is nothing out there that we can do that to so easily.

I think those are the major reasons many here will/are buying the gladiator over a full sized truck as well as some of the other competitors in the mid sized segment in general.
Sponsored