Sponsored

So, how much do you really scrape the belly while off road? Lifted.

ERMedic777

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
I am running the NItto Ridge Grapplers in 37x12.50x17 with the Mopar 2 inch lift and have only had a couple of issues. I smacked the Bejesus out of the FAD skid plate somehow and one of the lower control arm mounts in the rear. I replaced the FAD skid with a RockHard 4x4 skid and also added the lower control arm skids from them on the front and rear as well as the lower shock mount skids on the rear. Otherwise The only clearance issues I have had has been with breakover angles on some hills that even the JKU's struggle with but ya just gotta send it sometimes . The picture is from Drummond Island Michigan at the Marblehead trail. It is on the Jeep Badge of Honor page if you want more info. I did not even come close to scraping here.
Jeep Gladiator So, how much do you really scrape the belly while off road? Lifted. 70940198_10214817455686198_6587166538439065600_n
Sponsored

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
I am running the NItto Ridge Grapplers in 37x12.50x17 with the Mopar 2 inch lift and have only had a couple of issues. I smacked the Bejesus out of the FAD skid plate somehow and one of the lower control arm mounts in the rear. I replaced the FAD skid with a RockHard 4x4 skid and also added the lower control arm skids from them on the front and rear as well as the lower shock mount skids on the rear. Otherwise The only clearance issues I have had has been with breakover angles on some hills that even the JKU's struggle with but ya just gotta send it sometimes . The picture is from Drummond Island Michigan at the Marblehead trail. It is on the Jeep Badge of Honor page if you want more info. I did not even come close to scraping here.
Jeep Gladiator So, how much do you really scrape the belly while off road? Lifted. 70940198_10214817455686198_6587166538439065600_n
Thanks for the tip ! I just ordered the JT kit -- ROCK HARD 4X4™ BOLT-ON FRONT AND REAR LOWER CONTROL ARM SKID PLATES FOR JEEP GLADIATOR JT 2020 - CURRENT [RH-80515] from RockHard 4x4. These look to be perfect for the control arm side on the axles and the rear shock mounts. These will complement well my Rusty's rear control arm skids for the front part of the control arm that mounts to the frame.

PS. I really like their new "half size" red differential armor. If it fits aftermarket track bars and oversize aftermarket tie rods, I will get them.... Any information about using this diff armor with some of those big new tie rods ?

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Thanks for the tip ! I just ordered the JT kit -- ROCK HARD 4X4™ BOLT-ON FRONT AND REAR LOWER CONTROL ARM SKID PLATES FOR JEEP GLADIATOR JT 2020 - CURRENT [RH-80515] from RockHard 4x4. These look to be perfect for the control arm side on the axles and the rear shock mounts. These will complement well my Rusty's rear control arm skids for the front part of the control arm that mounts to the frame.

PS. I really like their new "half size" red differential armor. If it fits aftermarket track bars and oversize aftermarket tie rods, I will get them.... Any information about using this diff armor with some of those big new tie rods ?
I received my 6 Rockhard control arm/shock Skids to go with my 2 Rusty's rear control arm skids. I should have time to install them tomorrow. Black powders coating and welds are really nice. Packaging was excellent.

GWyKd3.jpg

Here is a pic of the Rusty's rear control arm skids I already installed. 8 total skids when done. I will probably also get the RockHard FAD skid.
For Diffs, I ordered Metalcloak front and back diff covers and skid plates, those will not be here for a few weeks.

h5uFas.jpg

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
I have the rockhard sliders, and while I'm happy with a lot of the things I order, I was particularly impressed with the build quality of the sliders. I'm eager to order their rear skids.

Proximo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max
@ERMedic777 I'm going to Drummond Island the 1st week of August, on 35's and a 2" level. Do you think I'll be scraping belly or dragging ass on Marble Head?

Sponsored

ERMedic777

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
@ERMedic777 I'm going to Drummond Island the 1st week of August, on 35's and a 2" level. Do you think I'll be scraping belly or dragging ass on Marble Head?
You will probably drag your ass a bit but I think you should be good with only some minor scraping juat take your time and pick your line. When you get to Marblehead just stay to the right side of the big rock!! You will see when you get there lol. Just incase you did not know the trailhead campground is closed for the season if you were planning on staying there.

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n

ERMedic777

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
See my pics above
Yeah, I don't care for how far back that sticks. I want a permanent solution and neither want to run my knees into it, nor my kids heads. I'm going to make a super-low profile skid, as with a wheelbase this long, every inch farther off and below the back is undesirable.

I almost wanted to take the hitch completely off, but since the bumper ties into it I deemed it too much trouble. My idea is having a skid so flush it would appear to simply be welded to the bottom of the receiver. We'll see how it turns out, ha!

ERMedic777

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks ! That looks perfect. I just ordered the same red one. Were you able to use the last hole to tuck it up as much as possible ? or does the receiver hit the spare tire ?
You can run it all the way in to the last hole with no issues.

ERMedic777

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
Gene, you in MI or KY?
Traverse City Michigan but truck is registered through my other address in Kentucky. Insurance is WAY cheaper lol.