So I guess the Gladiator isn't so expensive...Bollinger

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Bollinger has finally released prices for both the SUV and pickup versions of their EV.

$125,000

To start.
Sponsored

Sponsored

OP
OP

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
When Bollinger first started getting pub, it seemed like they might be on to a decent formula.

The boxy design was to simplify production. The GVWR was designed as Class 3, to avoid expensive safety requirements and crash tests. The thing was supposed to have 2 battery options with good range. It had unique, functional features (pass through to the frunk) that would distinguish it from competition.

But while pricing hadn't been released, it was expected to be over $60k, and probably closer to $80k.

But $125k? Ffs.

They're justifying it as being marketed towards those who buy a $60k off roader, and then make $60k in mods, just to get it to the performance of the Bollinger.

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Silver Sport S, 77 trans am, Ducati 1098
The only insane deal I have seen in the last 10 years is the new corvette...65k supercar that looks and performs like a 300k car....other than that everything is insane

Sponsored

kd1yt

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Sport S Red, 2014 Ural sidecar 2wd motorcycle, '51 Dodge M37
had to google it, they look like cardboard boxes. ^.~
sokane_170711_1870_0014.jpg
Wow, that's the first vehicle I have seen that makes the old early 1970s slabside IH pickups look svelte and swoopy by comparison

MF Comics

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Manual Bronco
Lost me with EV

They failed 100 years ago and they'll fail again. I hear Tesla lowered the range over an update, whose to say the Government doesn't force the automakers to do that to the general public as well

surge101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Well, I like the idea. But, this looks like something that cost 5,000, not 125,000. I'm looking forward to the time when electric vehicles are mainstream and inexpensive, because they ARE a better choice in terms of performance, but they aren't cheap and I don't think production is efficient enough at this point to say we are helping the environment all that much with them. I think we will get there in a few years though.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I know I'm digging up the "dead" I was on the list for one from when they started hyping it years back. I would get a E-mail every few months or so then every 6 months. No price or anything but they was doing a update. It was bla bla oh we Lazer cut a sign for the building video then oh it's the greatest thing vehicle or we are making improvements. Then they dropped the over priced thing finally. I got a new E-mail from them to be put back on my list. My reply no thanks drop me off. I started planning on my new Jeep. I hope Jay L. likes his when they finely delivery one. After all of the B.S. and waiting I don't expect much from them ... Ford Edsel comes to mind but it was a nice vehicle but ahead of it's time.
Sponsored