Sponsored

So I had this cool idea to paint my tow hooks orange...

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
And then I saw the Mojave already has them. Now I’m torn because I think they would really cool with my Gobi. So let me ask...

I should also mention that (entirely coincidently) I’m buying a set of Mojave take-off wheels and tires.

If you saw someone do this, would you think them a poser?
Sponsored

DubaiMarauder

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Truck Driver
Vehicle Showcase
And then I saw the Mojave already has them. Now I’m torn because I think they would really cool with my Gobi. So let me ask...

I should also mention that (entirely coincidently) I’m buying a set of Mojave take-off wheels and tires.

If you're happy with the look, who cares what others think? Enjoy it. Its your Jeep, your vision for it.

Sponsored

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
I think it will look good, just do it. This paint natches good enough!....Jack
Jeep Gladiator So I had this cool idea to paint my tow hooks orange... C71A8E59-4C71-44CC-A3E1-037D9E7F9FC9
Jeep Gladiator So I had this cool idea to paint my tow hooks orange... 9578A0DD-57F1-4885-99A7-EFA38FB4B997
Jeep Gladiator So I had this cool idea to paint my tow hooks orange... 324DC1CC-F4E7-42DA-8C20-02B82C244BCC
Jeep Gladiator So I had this cool idea to paint my tow hooks orange... 32DE8119-30FA-46DF-AD50-E1F3A807773C

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
A poseur is something that looks real but isn't and tow hooks are still tow hooks. If you want to be a poseur, you need to get a bumper, fairlead, hook, and about 3 ft. of Dyneema so you can pretend to have a winch.

If you think people would think less of you for buying a lower trim then making it look like a Mojave then fuck 'em. My Sport S has all the take-offs so it looks like a Rubicon other than fenders and grille inserts... it makes no difference to me.

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase

I would not think poser at all. It would probably look cool regardless. I was wondering about painting mine Gator at some point. One of the things I like about the Jeeps is the mentality that we can make them whatever we want or leave them be with nobody judging. Laughing, maybe, but not judging.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Alans17

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, we’re not doing that...

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I started to paint mine orange until the Mojave came out, then I got a few cans of carmel brown on sale. :like: I thought it would look great on my Gobi color JT now I'd like to have the hard top, bumpers and fender flares that color. It's your Jeep go for it.
Damn Necro posting :headbang:

OP
OP
Alans17

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I started to paint mine orange until the Mojave came out, then I got a few cans of carmel brown on sale. :like: I thought it would look great on my Gobi color JT now I'd like to have the hard top, bumpers and fender flares that color. It's your Jeep go for it.
Damn Necro posting :headbang:
I won’t leave you hanging.😁 I’ve thought about doing this, too. My new bumper came with red hooks so that’s what’s on it right now. Nobody else in my family had an opinion and I’ve been otherwise to do anything about it. So it may just stay that way for a while.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Nothing against painting hooks orange or doing what you want to your truck including stickers on hood, grumpy grill , I'll still give ya a wave.
Reading this I have to wonder , if Warn winch sold a empty shell ,motorless winch with a few feet of cable around the drum, and call it the 18,000lb. model, that looks awesome and only weighs 15 pounds, won't mess with your critical "Rake" and is half the price of the Badlands HF winch, it's sad but I think it would sell like hotcakes!!!..............Jack
Sponsored