• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

So the Ranger Raptor DOES have the irritating Auto Start Stop?

KevR

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor in AGM
The idea that I have to press that button every time I start up my truck over the whole time I own in - just so Ford.can report the slightest tick higher on MPG is beyond annoying to me. Some people might not mind but it drives me crazy. On my tracking page it now says "Auto Start Stop technology" instead of removal. What a joke. Has to be a way to permanently disable it.
Sponsored

SCFast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 RRaptor, '22 Ford Bronco, '18 Raptor Prior
The idea that I have to press that button every time I start up my truck over the whole time I own in - just so Ford.can report the slightest tick higher on MPG is beyond annoying to me. Some people might not mind but it drives me crazy. On my tracking page it now says "Auto Start Stop technology" instead of removal. What a joke. Has to be a way to permanently disable it.
Forscan will take care of that and it can be disabled in your R mode settings

OP
OP

KevR

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor in AGM
Thanks for the replies.. answers my questions. Hopefully the new pointless attack on gas cars will be short lived and thrown out by the next President.

Sponsored
OP
OP

KevR

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor in AGM
I think I remember watching a video on youtube where the guy got behind his dashboard and was able to reverse the polarity on it so that it's off when you start the engine and you'd have to press the button to turn it on. That would work for me!

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford 2dr Bronco / 2021 RAM TRX
I put this in my 2023 Bronco pretty much the first week I owned it.
I too truly hate this start stop BS.
It has worked perfectly in my Bronco over the past year or so.
Took maybe 15 min to install.
I sure hope if not this one but someone has something similar for the RR.

$50 bucks and 15 min install is well worth it to permanently shut this start stop crap off.

Amazon.com: Auto Start Stop Eliminator for Ford Bronco 2021-2023 (No fit Bronco Sport/Badlands) Automatic Stop Start Engine System Delete/Disable/Canceller Cancel Device Cable : Automotive

Ford Ranger So the Ranger Raptor DOES have the irritating Auto Start Stop? 1711038523251-pu

iBrad81

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
FYI, on my Bronco the Ford Performance tune has a hidden function that remembers if you had the auto start/stop on or off......so in over a year and a half with the tune, ive never had to turn the Auto start/stop back off after the 1st time

Im assuming the Ranger will have a tune available in the future and hopefully this is a feature.

OP
OP

KevR

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor in AGM
My opinion only, but Gotta love our current leader and our economy. With current stock market at record highs, I was able to make enough profit in a short time with just one of my gambling stock market accounts to pay for my Raptor with no loan or trade in.
Gas vehicles will not go away by 2030. Target is for 50% to be electric. Maybe they will come close.
Glad you're doing well because polls of Americans over the past couple of years show they are struggling, not saving, record high credit card debt etc. All I kept hearing after 2016 was how a record high stock market wasn't an indicator of economic success. Seems true because there hasn't been any success despite claiming jobs that came back after forced government shutdowns was " new job creation."

EVs just aren't ready as far as range goes, cost, cost of ownership, convenience, AND helping the environment. But leave it to the corrupt career politicians during an election year to suddenly care about things in order to please certain groups like the environmentalists.

Sponsored

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
Gas vehicles will not go away by 2030. Target is for 50% to be electric. Maybe they will come close.
I sure hope not. Just love more government control, nit. I'll gladly stick with my gas powered vehicles, not reliant on an inadequate electric grid.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
Glad you're doing well because polls of Americans over the past couple of years show they are struggling, not saving, record high credit card debt etc. All I kept hearing after 2016 was how a record high stock market wasn't an indicator of economic success. Seems true because there hasn't been any success despite claiming jobs that came back after forced government shutdowns was " new job creation."

EVs just aren't ready as far as range goes, cost, cost of ownership, convenience, AND helping the environment. But leave it to the corrupt career politicians during an election year to suddenly care about things in order to please certain groups like the environmentalists.
And many are heavily invested in the ev tech as are their largest donors.

Jlawson865

First Name
Joni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Occupation
Professional Driver
I had to go check my Lariat build...it's in production and still listed as removal

OP
OP

KevR

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor in AGM
So yesterday in my tracker under Accessories it said "Auto Start Stop Technology" and now today it's back to saying "Auto Start Stop Removal." Weird. Anxious to see if some of the RRs that have shipped already have it or not.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Forscan will take care of that and it can be disabled in your R mode settings
FWIW: was told by my local Ford dealer when I asked about up tuning and enabling features on my Maverick, any use of Forscan will void your warranty. It is a Russian product and not considered secure SW.
Sponsored