So this happened

Bulldog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon 2018 JLU Rubicon wife’s ride
Occupation
Smitty/land lord
This is only a small part of the story, but definitely the worst part, I took my JT in for some warranty work and they needed to keep it overnight, (after they screwed up the inner fender) so I went to pick it up the next day and my aftermarket fog lights had been cut off with what appeared to be a sawzall.
the first picture is of the lights I had on it, the following is at the dealership…

Jeep Gladiator So this happened EB6FE38D-11E9-4EB6-AC58-0061D47BABC2

Jeep Gladiator So this happened 92FEE5BF-46A9-4711-A605-A46F501B1D65

View attachment 217559

Jeep Gladiator So this happened 3F5BE07E-BB05-4492-BA7E-4CB8610FD918

Jeep Gladiator So this happened EBB88AB8-D78A-44CF-885B-DA76AFBEF70C

View attachment 217562
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0

u-joint

First Name
Inigo Montoya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Yes
Holy shit!

What did the dealer say?

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Looks like collateral damage from your lights being stolen.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Does the dealership have cameras? It always amazes me when people are brazen enough to steal off of a dealership lot.

Sponsored

TwelveGaugeSage

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kawasaki Z125, 2016 Yamaha WR250R, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Air Force Contractor
I'm interested in how the dealership makes this right. At least it should hit their insurance and not yours, if they claim it rather than just fixing it. Make sure their repair of those scratches looks factory. I wouldn't settle for anything less.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I'm interested in how the dealership makes this right. At least it should hit their insurance and not yours, if they claim it rather than just fixing it. Make sure their repair of those scratches looks factory. I wouldn't settle for anything less.
Most dealerships and repair shops don't have to take responsibility for things that happen when you leave your vehicles there overnight for repairs, that's what you have insurance for. My buddies daughters car was stolen from Modern Nissan in Concord about a month ago, they broke in got the keys and took it. The dealership took no responsibility for it and they tried to get a lawyer but were told by a few lawyers that normally there is nothing you can do and to file a police report, which already had been done. They did recover the vehicle 4 days later and charged the guy.

If it had been something the dealership did, like scratched it up or damaged lights while they were doing repairs then it would be on them. When something happens like this when it's something stolen or vandalism then it's a criminal case and the person who did it is the responsible party, whenever they are caught if they are caught. I know it sucks but that's the way it was explained to them from what they told me and that's from the police and a lawyer.

Josh00333

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Build Thread
Link
As posted, dealers nor shops insure your vehicle while it's there for things they did not do.

Sucks, but the dealer did noting to you, some jack ass stole your lights.

Call your insurance it's a comp claim.

Sponsored

BUZZHEAD

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP RUBICAN GLADIATOR ,2016 HD SLIMS
Occupation
WEED PULLER
When I took mine in to the dealer for warranty repairs and they keep it overnight .
I tell them to park it inside at night.They don't want to deal with me if something is stolen off of it.They did per my request.

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
It really depends on what kind of insurance is carried by the dealership. They may have a policy that covers this, they may not. If they don't, you're on the hook unfortunately. The dealer didn't do the damage.

Good example of why you might want to find out what insurance they carry before leaving a vehicle at any shop. "What happens if someone breaks in while it's parked in your lot" is a totally fair question before leaving them the keys.

OP
OP
Bulldog

Bulldog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon 2018 JLU Rubicon wife’s ride
Occupation
Smitty/land lord
Holy shit!

What did the dealer say?
so my dealer has already ordered new replacement lights, brackets and other misc, and agreed to repaint the scratches to my satisfaction, I’m happy with there response so far.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
I had some scratches on the side of my hydro blue JT that looked like that and they buffed out much to my surprise. I would have them try that before painting.