Soap for a ceramic coating.

Jeepjams

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 wrangler
Out of curiosity what soap are people using for their jts.
From my understanding ph neutral soaps are recommended for ceramic coatings.
Sponsored

Soedog

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2006 BMW Z4 3. 0si. Previous Jeeps: 2012 JK Sport, 2016 JK Rubicon Hard Rock Edition
Occupation
Quality Engineering Tech
Had my truck professionally coated with Ceramic Pro and have had good luck with McKees 37 Sio2 auto wash to maintain and extend the life of the ceramic.
Did some research on the top recommended washes and decided to try the McKees. Have used it in both a foam gun and foam cannon but the cannon really brings up the sudsing action. A few ounces does seem to go a long way if it is regulated properly with the gun or cannon.
https://www.amazon.com/McKees-37-MK37-690-Sio2-Fluid_Ounces/dp/B074VG41W1

Last edited:

Blknblu

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Viper, 1968 Coronet R/T, 2011 Mopar 11. 2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
There are lots of good products out there and technology changes all the time for detailing and care. I use Opticoat products on all my rides.

Bruce

Ozarkgolfer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland/BMW X2
Occupation
International Logistics
Took the Glad for a bath yesterday at the local car wash - soap gun, followed by foaming soap brush, rinsed and then sprayed with Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax - $14 at Wal-Mart. The instructions say just rinse it off with a the heavy rinse cycle, but I also used the spot remover, drove her home, then wiped what water was left off. An hour later, I was at the store and we got a big storm go through, so she was just swamped. Went home and parked her in the garage and woke up this morning, expecting rain spots.....but not a water spot to be found anywhere :)

Jeepin' John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JT Sport S
Occupation
Structural Engineer
I tried mothers cmx wash today, but didn't make it very far. It is advertised to not foam, and i knew that buying it. But when i went to wash, i couldn't remember exactly where i had washed and hadn't yet because there were no bubbles. That, and my cave-man brain couldn't get past "bubbles equals clean." So after doing two panels, i dumped the bucket and put some standard turtle wax wash in the bucket and washed the jeep. That got all the dirt off nicely

Then i dried and was still going to try the mothers cmx spray ceramic coat. I sprayed it on a folded microfiber towel and then applied to the dry surface. I went around the jeep spraying the microfiber and applying to the dry surface. When i came back around, i grabbed two fresh microfibers to hand-buff off, and i was pretty impressed. Really easy to apply, really cheap, and a really nice shine. I'll see how it holds up over time, but i like it a lot as freshly applied

08B6CB1F-B860-45D9-8CFA-704EC71A823D.jpeg

98011294-6E31-4D9B-BD2B-6D92045C49D3.jpeg

86C2E75B-77E4-42F4-A4CD-ED6FBC0F33FF.jpeg

6767B167-CDAF-4847-9273-98300BB206CE.jpeg

13CAAC26-21CA-42BE-AE7E-0F72CB0B040D.jpeg

1D6BB22F-B519-4D4D-8E50-8E861CA86C97.jpeg

Sponsored

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
Took the Glad for a bath yesterday at the local car wash - soap gun, followed by foaming soap brush, rinsed and then sprayed with Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax - $14 at Wal-Mart. The instructions say just rinse it off with a the heavy rinse cycle, but I also used the spot remover, drove her home, then wiped what water was left off. An hour later, I was at the store and we got a big storm go through, so she was just swamped. Went home and parked her in the garage and woke up this morning, expecting rain spots.....but not a water spot to be found anywhere :)
You used the foaming soap brush at a coin car wash? FYI, those things are notorious for seriously scratching paint/clear coat.

Ozarkgolfer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland/BMW X2
Occupation
International Logistics
You used the foaming soap brush at a coin car wash? FYI, those things are notorious for seriously scratching paint/clear coat.
Only after a complete soaping with the spray gun and using my own large mitt that covers the brush.