SoCal Dealer Recommendations

1herm4

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Looking to purchase a Gladiator in SoCal but seems like nobody wants to sell anything. Hoping to to work out a deal online or over the phone before stepping into dealership using the Affiliate Program but sales people have no clue of how that works. I've purchased other vehicles from Ford and Chevrolet using their version of discount programs and never had issues but Jeep has been a big problem. JEEP PLEASE TAKE MY MONEY!!! Any dealers on here?
Sponsored

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition, 2018 Acura NSX, 2016 Range Rover Sport SVR, 2018 Land Rover Discovery, 2017 Kawasaki Z900
Looking to purchase a Gladiator in SoCal but seems like nobody wants to sell anything. Hoping to to work out a deal online or over the phone before stepping into dealership using the Affiliate Program but sales people have no clue of how that works. I've purchased other vehicles from Ford and Chevrolet using their version of discount programs and never had issues but Jeep has been a big problem. JEEP PLEASE TAKE MY MONEY!!! Any dealers on here?

Have you tried Orange Coast? I bought my LE there when it first launched and even then they gave me a pretty good discount. I can't imagine they wouldn't give you a great deal now.
I worked out my deal over the phone on a Rubi, and then went there and made a slightly better deal on an LE with a couple of extras.

I think I called the dealer in Clairmont as well and they offered me a super good deal too, but Costa Mesa was a lot closer ...

OP
OP

1herm4

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Actually made a purchase through Tuttle Click and I'm happy on how that transaction played out. They made it easy to make the purchase over text and email and delivered same day. Now my personal experience from other dealerships in Socal....

Huntington Beach- Too many sales games, just need an OTD without any dealer add on items which they state can't be removed. Wouldn't really deal over the phone, the oh "we just sold that" once you arrived and the "4 square" lets make a deal bullshit sheet. The vehicle just came off the delivery truck and they claim that paint and interior protection products have been applied when clearly they have.

Ontario Jeep (Ben)- Ben seems like a good guy over the phone but his Jeep expert was.... well no expert! Doesn't have the exact vehicle that im looking for and I consider a Rubicon but how dare I consider negotiating down the price on a Rubicon! He compared buying a car to buying a pair of Oakley sunglasses, you just pay retail according to him. Claims to be selling cars for 20 years and "Manufacturer SUGGESTED Retail Price" means to him thats what we should pay! Claims sales are through the roof right now, I was the only one on the showroom.

JStar in Anaheim (Adrain)- unprofessional and tried switching vehicles after the price was agreed on. Gave him VIN and stock numbers over text to avoid any confusion as to which vehicle i was interested in. Apparently reading and comprehension is not his strong point. Again, the "we sold that one" and the "my computer crashed" sales gimmicks. Then the we found one "exactly the same", i requested that VIN and quickly found the window sticker which the "exact " vehicle was missing over $3500 in addons but yet he want charge me the same as the original vehicle we had negotiated on beforehand. By the way Adrian claims its a Sellers Market right now and can't make deals. That's why Jeep has these special purchase incentives.

So like any well informed buyer, I found that same vehicle that Adrian from JStar was trying to transfer over to his lot and bought straight from Tuttle Click!

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition, 2018 Acura NSX, 2016 Range Rover Sport SVR, 2018 Land Rover Discovery, 2017 Kawasaki Z900
Well that was quick! Congrats!
What did you end up getting? What kind of discount were you able to work out?

OP
OP

1herm4

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Well that was quick! Congrats!
What did you end up getting? What kind of discount were you able to work out?
Approximately 12% off MSRP. Not best deal but with approximately only 5 units within 100 mile radius available and some stuck in Transit, I didn't have many options.

Got the Sting Gray with Max Tow, those where the must have in the search.

Sponsored

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's awesome. Congratulations. 12% is pretty good if you ask me.
btw, I was going to echo what you said in your original recap that Huntington was by far the worst and salesiest dealership I talked to. Lot of bate an switch and not an honest word spoken. I ended up having to block the guy's number on my phone cause he kept calling me with more misleading bs.

Jon Nelson

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Which branch of Tuttle Click? Would you like to recommend your salesperson’s name? I’ll give them a shot at selling another one.

Jay Gatsby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red JT
Saw this after you made your purchase, but maybe could help others. Rob Trachtman at Coastline CDJR is a straight shooter. 5% off invoice, no BS mark-ups/additions.

From Rob...

Call me directly on my cell at 954-864-5162 or email is [email protected] or my desk phone at 949-373-0145 direct. As always I appreciate the opportunity to earn your business..

Rob Trachtman
Fleet Director
Coastline CDJR
32881 Camino Capistrano
San Juan Capistrano Ca 92675

Last edited: