Soft OEM roll up bed cover.

77badriand

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2017 Jeep JK
For guys using the soft roll up oem bed cover, how do you like? I had a extang hard one on my old truck and was great but thinking i may want to use soft roll up type this time around. If i needed to haul anything large i had to remove and lay in bed anyway, thinking rather have one i can fold up out of way instead. Mainly just keep stuff dry on long hauls, little extra space and wondering eyes from grab and go. While hard top is more secure we all know if someone is determined enough they will get in anyway. Does the OEM more seal pretty good, not flop around everywhere... thoughts and opinions? thx in advance
Sponsored

Tacoman03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White JT Gladiator Rubicon; 2018 Range Rover Velar; 2017 Jaguar F Pace
Vehicle Showcase
For guys using the soft roll up oem bed cover, how do you like? I had a extang hard one on my old truck and was great but thinking i may want to use soft roll up type this time around. If i needed to haul anything large i had to remove and lay in bed anyway, thinking rather have one i can fold up out of way instead. Mainly just keep stuff dry on long hauls, little extra space and wondering eyes from grab and go. While hard top is more secure we all know if someone is determined enough they will get in anyway. Does the OEM more seal pretty good, not flop around everywhere... thoughts and opinions? thx in advance
Love mine. No leaks, no flapping. over 4000 miles including a family trip through storms and all, stayed high and dry!

OP
OP

77badriand

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Love mine. No leaks, no flapping. over 4000 miles including a family trip through storms and all, stayed high and dry!
Thx Tacoman03 for info.

Gunlovebirds1024

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Great post; I was wondering the same. Had a one piece heavy fiber glass one that kept me really limited, next was the three hard pieces on the Chevy avalanche - leaked all the time. Hoping this is the good compromise between all the choices.

Waiting for my cover to arrive. Had a bed liner sprayed in the back. Don’t think it will interfere.

OP
OP

77badriand

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoman03 or anyone else do you know what part # the soft roll is? The Mopar Part #: 82215615 shows to be a tri-fold and the instructions show the same. If i call local parts @ jeep they gave me Mopar Part #: 82215617 for soft oem roll, which is 940$ ?? How is the add on from factory 495$ but after the fact 940$? Can anyone confirm the correct part #?

Sponsored

OP
OP

77badriand

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did some more digging.. seems 617 is the oem roll up one. Not sure how it’s 445$ more if you get later and not add on. Want one but not at that price :).

mgxm26

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator

mgxm26

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Great post; I was wondering the same. Had a one piece heavy fiber glass one that kept me really limited, next was the three hard pieces on the Chevy avalanche - leaked all the time. Hoping this is the good compromise between all the choices.

Waiting for my cover to arrive. Had a bed liner sprayed in the back. Don’t think it will interfere.
Which cover did you order and where from?

OP
OP

77badriand

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mgxm26

I called quadatec and the one listed on site is trifold Mopar Part #: 82215615. Also called Dealership i got Gladiator from and a local one and both confirmed that 615 was trifold, that oem one was 82215617 that i wanted and was 940$. Just wished id had them throw that in price when i bought now if i'd known it was gonna be that much more.

Gunlovebirds1024

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I originally thought I got the roll up one pre ordered from Quadratec but now that it has shipped and I looked at it again the picture has changed to the tri fold... description doesn’t say tri fold. Guess I will find out when it shows up. Dealership told me they couldn’t order it.

Sponsored

mgxm26

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I originally thought I got the roll up one pre ordered from Quadratec but now that it has shipped and I looked at it again the picture has changed to the tri fold... description doesn’t say tri fold. Guess I will find out when it shows up. Dealership told me they couldn’t order it.
I was told the same. I imagine they will have to eventually incase anyone who got it in the originally build needs a replacement. Keep me posted on what arrives

mgxm26

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
mgxm26

I called quadatec and the one listed on site is trifold Mopar Part #: 82215615. Also called Dealership i got Gladiator from and a local one and both confirmed that 615 was trifold, that oem one was 82215617 that i wanted and was 940$. Just wished id had them throw that in price when i bought now if i'd known it was gonna be that much more.
Thanks. That is a bummer i wish i would have known as well. Being that I definitely need a cover I might consider the hard cover if they are both $900+

OP
OP

77badriand

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey guys i went by my local dealership they had the 82215615 in stock, took a look and definitely the trifold version and not soft roll.

mgxm26

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Hey guys i went by my local dealership they had the 82215615 in stock, took a look and definitely the trifold version and not soft roll.
Are you going to wait for the roll?

OP
OP

77badriand

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you going to wait for the roll?
I believe so. I’ve had the soft Tri-Fold and hard in the past, want something different. I looked over one again in a rubicon at local dealership same time I was checking out Tri-Fold like the way it goes to the outside of the bed top instead of midways.
Sponsored