Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Speaker, Author, Dude Who Likes Bacon
Vehicle Showcase
Chasing a very loud noise on the soft top at 78+mph.

Someone suggested the passenger inner fender (which certainly is loose). I zip tied it to the frame - but apparently, that was not my problem.

When the noise starts, if I push slightly on the top (between the driver and passenger sides) it certainly almost completely goes away. Which leaves me to two questions at this point...

1. Will it get worse (or better) as the top loosens over time?
2. What will the fix be? New crossbeam? Additional support. Stronger or different material?

Anybody else with a soft top notice this yet?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Godfadr

Godfadr

First Name
Godfadr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Speaker, Author, Dude Who Likes Bacon
Vehicle Showcase
Um, follow the speed limit? :idea::CWL:

OR, turn up the volume on the radio!
LOL...well we got the obvious response over with. The noise speed is coming on at lower and lower speeds. We will keep that in mind if we need to pass someone again. Course the upgraded radio is a help :)

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit

Sponsored

jimcald

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Rubicon JT
Mine makes a humming noise sometimes at above 80mph but I have not had the chance to start looking for what it is yet. I will try pushing on the top though next time to see if that makes a difference.

Sponsored

WDM215

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lincoln Mark LT, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I get it right when I hit 80mph and it stays at the speed goes up. To me it's seems to be a low drone type of noise, but for sure is annoying as hell.

TheGrayRider

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport 2005 TJ Unlimited 2018 Subaru Crosstrek
It’s the top fabric vibrating ... put your hand on the crossbar above your head

Mine does it around 78 mph and above

Jowen

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubicon Cherokee an x2 2020 jt rubicon
I, being retired military have a moderate hearing loss from things going bang, I have a hard top because the soft top inherent noise causes me problems from noise and inability to hear people while driving. I have tried soft tops but road noise, soft top noise are just to distracting for me, sorry folks but to me as soft tops age, stretch and develop the noise level i just go to hard tops, and gasp i do not remove the roof panels also to much wind noise for my comfort level.

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JT Rubicon - Delivered 7/23
Occupation
Attorney
The only real road noise I've had is when it's windy. I drove 5.5 hrs yesterday on I-95 and it was pretty windy for the first 3 hours. It wasn't horrible, but definitely louder than usual. It was hard to hear my son in the back seat when he was asking for things. So far I've been really happy with it, but I'm never going higher than 74 on any of the roads I drive on.

Squints

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Chasing a very loud noise on the soft top at 78+mph.

Someone suggested the passenger inner fender (which certainly is loose). I zip tied it to the frame - but apparently, that was not my problem.

When the noise starts, if I push slightly on the top (between the driver and passenger sides) it certainly almost completely goes away. Which leaves me to two questions at this point...

1. Will it get worse (or better) as the top loosens over time?
2. What will the fix be? New crossbeam? Additional support. Stronger or different material?

Anybody else with a soft top notice this yet?
How did you have this issue fixed? I purchased a gladiator yesterday and noticed that this morning on the highway at 78+ I was having such a loud noise I couldn't hear myself talk. I called the dealership and they want me to bring it in but said they had not heard of the issue. I was wondering how you had it fixed so maybe I could let them know. Thanks!
Sponsored