Soft top question

Stlrfan152

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT
I bought a used soft top off here, it was damaged at one point from a garage door. Everything seems good with it, but the fabric seems to be kind of tight. Just wondering how tight is the fabric on peoples soft tops?
Sponsored

GoVR46

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubicon, 2014 Highlander, 2007 BMW 335i (725 whp)
You want it tight. So when your on the highway there is no fabric flapping around.

OP
OP
Stlrfan152

Stlrfan152

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT
You want it tight. So when your on the highway there is no fabric flapping around.
Ok just checking my jlu was kinds loose compared to this one. I just wanted to make sure it wasnt going to stretch out.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Tight is better. Mine after over a year of use seems to have loosened some and have traced my flapping and top popping to that as the cause it seems but its strange its only on the Right side.

OP
OP
Stlrfan152

Stlrfan152

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT
Tight is better. Mine after over a year of use seems to have loosened some and have traced my flapping and top popping to that as the cause it seems but its strange its only on the Right side.
My right latch kept popping too, i adjusted the latch and catch. It seems better but i havent driven enough to see if it fixed it.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
My right latch kept popping too, i adjusted the latch and catch. It seems better but i havent driven enough to see if it fixed it.
Yes my right latch does not snug down nearly as tight as my left. I think I am going to have to try to make some adjustment to it or have the dealership do it.
Sponsored