Sponsored

Soft top rear window tint

e36racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, E36 BMW M3, E92 BMW M3
Is it possible to tint the rear window on the soft top? Or do they sell a tinted rear window? South Florida sun is a mean dragon. In the summer I need all the sunlight and UV protection I can get or it’s an oven.

Before anyone suggest a hard top, keep in mind random 15 minute down pours happen daily from June to September so leaving the roof at home is not an option. And the rest of the year it can be perfect clear skies except for one cloud dumping rain over 2 blocks and you just so happened to be parked at Publix as it passed over. Unless you don’t mind random soaked seats, when your leaving the office straight to dinner or any other totally bad timing of events. So I always need to be able to slap the roof back on whenever it’s going to be parked for a couple hours.

TIA
Sponsored

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S
Is it possible to tint the rear window on the soft top? Or do they sell a tinted rear window? South Florida sun is a mean dragon. In the summer I need all the sunlight and UV protection I can get or it’s an oven.

Before anyone suggest a hard top, keep in mind random 15 minute down pours happen daily from June to September so leaving the roof at home is not an option. And the rest of the year it can be perfect clear skies except for one cloud dumping rain over 2 blocks and you just so happened to be parked at Publix as it passed over. Unless you don’t mind random soaked seats, when your leaving the office straight to dinner or any other totally bad timing of events. So I always need to be able to slap the roof back on whenever it’s going to be parked for a couple hours.

TIA
I'm not sure tint is as flexible as the rear window is. As someone who also would not consider a hard top, I thought about maybe getting a collapsible sunshade (like you would use on a windshield) for the back window. You could probably connect it to the snaps on the soft top right by the window and be good