Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2016 Volvo Xc90 Polestar
Occupation
Finder of bad stuff and people.
Vehicle Showcase
I've been meaning to post this for about a month, but better late than never.

I have both tops, but being in Tx, the hard top is normally the one hanging in the garage as the convertible weather is at least 9 months out of the year. I want to share my experience in taking the top off and storing the soft-top when off the rig.

I had purchased a Lange Hoist-a-Top for my JKU and installed it in my garage which has a 9.5 foot ceiling. I reached out to Lange and they have a conversion kit for a hundred bucks that converted my JKU hoist to a JT hoist with the addition of a few components. It was easy and saved me having to come up with a new solution. I took off the hard top in April and hadn't put it back on until the week after Christmas.

I took off the Soft top, wrapped it in the vinyl snap cover (that came with it) and looked hanging it on some hooks on the wall of my garage. To my surprise the padded Fishhook section of the Lange Hoist looked just about the right fit for the wrapped portion of the soft top. I adjusted the side hooks and I'll be damned if it doesn't look like it was designed to fit the soft top exactly. (See Pictures of the Hardtop and soft-top in the Hoist).

This solution worked for me, and i was going to come on the forums to see how others had stored theirs when off the rig, but instead I figured I'd share. I want to give a shout out to Lange, they have had exemplary customer service (their website is a bit wonky), and they have built an amazing product that makes removing your hard top and putting it back on a simple one man job- and now a storage solution for the Soft top as well.

I know the Hoist-a-top is not for everyone, I happen to have a very tall garage so it works. SO how are others storing their tops?

Unknown-1.jpeg

Unknown.jpeg

IMG_2391.jpg

IMG_2390.jpg
Sponsored

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
Exactly the post I wanted to read. I have a Lange for my JLU, but I ordered a JT and will get rid of my JLU. I wondered if I could just purchase a different rear hook for the hoist.

Canada g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator overland
Volvo cargo divider on the wall?
Have it in my xc90 t8. I use it to keep my dog in a secure space.
Sponsored