Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Currently….it’s sitting on my garage floor.

typically…I tie it to the same ceiling lift I use to store the hard top in the summer.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I would be curious to know how many people actually switch tops back and forth often. My soft top went on and I liked it so much it never came off again

SSinGA

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2018 JLUR, 2016 JKRHR, 2022 MK8 GTI
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cube Monkey
For my Wranglers we just roll it up and hang it on the Harken Hoister from the garage ceiling.

Sponsored

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
Do you store yours open or closed?
I would think it would be hard to store it in the closed position, wouldn't it? Not only would it take up more space, but you have to remove it from the truck in the open position, and it takes a decent amount of leverage to put it back to the closed position. All that just to have to put it back open to reinstall it.

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
Don't have one on the Gladiator, but on the Wife's JL she has dual top. I hang the soft top (retracted) hanging from the same eye bolts in the rafters that the hard top hangs from all spring-summer-fall.

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
I would think it would be hard to store it in the closed position, wouldn't it? Not only would it take up more space, but you have to remove it from the truck in the open position, and it takes a decent amount of leverage to put it back to the closed position. All that just to have to put it back open to reinstall it.
If it's anything like the JL, it has to be installed in the open position. I assume you have the same locks that lock it in that position, make sure it's locked open before you remove it.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
with both my JKU and now my JT Ive had both a soft top and a hard top. The hard top is on for 4 maybe 5 months of the year when it’s at its coldest. So usually mid November to March or April. Overall the hard top really makes a noticeable difference in maintaining a comfortable cabin temperature. It’s also nice when it snows that I don’t have to worry about potentially damaging my soft top while pushing the snow off of my roof.

On the JKU it was kind of a PITA. But on this JT both tops are super light and I can literally take either of them off, and put the other on, by myself.

Sponsored

jjdustr340

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Crime fighter.
The soft top on my JT and the wife’s JLU are both aftermarket. I take them off and store them in their original boxes for the winter.

Dartboy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Miata, 21 MaxTow
Occupation
Facilities Maintenance
Mine's in the bag all folded up in the storage bag on a table in the garage. I got the window bag for Xmas, but haven't used it yet- window is laying flat in a box. Various trim parts in another box. I assume "retracted" is the proper way to store, since Jeep included a bag to cover it up in that position.

Hopefully, I will properly pack it away in the basement before it's time to put it back on again :LOL:

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Mine stays in the open position with the cover that came on it installed back on it. I hang it from 2 hooks on my garage wall so that it's flat against the wall and out of the way. The door surrounds and rear window bar all sit on top of the top. The window goes into the window storage bag on a shelf nearby. I also have factory half doors, those hang on the wall. I only change twice a year, soft top/half doors go on in April/March after any snow chance has ended, and the hard top/full doors usually go on in late October.

sarguy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Since I moved to VA JT is got soft top on and JK has no top. Park in garage use on nice days :)
Sponsored