SoftTop / HardTop like LR Defender

MPV

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 GC
Huge fan of the Land Rover Defender 130 Crew Cab and one the reasons I love the look of the Gladiator. How cool would it be if someone made an integrated / removable fiberglass 3pc “hard-top corners and rear window” while keeping the factory soft top section.

374C5CFF-4F94-4876-A11E-7FA8625DE54A.jpeg

138568B2-2E59-49F9-A431-78BD5F553767.jpeg

7D47381F-F67C-4E4C-8BBE-750E92AD675E.jpeg
Sponsored

Psycho Squirrel

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 White Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, '14 Black Grand Cherokee Limited, '63 Blue Corvair Monza,
Couldn’t agree with you more. I’ve been in love with the Land Rover boxy-ness for years and the Gladiator fits the bill. It looks to me like the rear section of the hard top is actually four pieces glued together; top, rear and the two sides. Wouldn’t be too difficult to make a factory top modular with some well placed hardware and a few brackets. I’d love to get a hard top to deconstruct and give it a go, just don’t wanna do it to mine though

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Couldn’t agree with you more. I’ve been in love with the Land Rover boxy-ness for years and the Gladiator fits the bill. It looks to me like the rear section of the hard top is actually four pieces glued together; top, rear and the two sides. Wouldn’t be too difficult to make a factory top modular with some well placed hardware and a few brackets. I’d love to get a hard top to deconstruct and give it a go, just don’t wanna do it to mine though
User jscherb has posted a how-to "Converting a factory JK/JKU hardtop to modular" thread on ExPo. Not sure if it is okay to post a link to another forum, but you can find it over there if you search. I'd wanted to try it out on my JK, but I'd want to find a cheap used hardtop first as I'm not sure if my fiber-glassing skills are up to the task, though his instructions are very comprehensive.

For me, the reason to do it would be to save space when storing the hardtop in the garage as I have low ceilings.