Sponsored

Software Update Today, Do I Need to Keep The Gladiator in “Run?”

Rei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Hi,

I just got home and my 2021 Gladiator mentioned there was an update ready.

The engine is off; I powered down.
But I’m now in “Run.”

Can I power down the truck? Or do I need to stay in “Run?”
Jeep Gladiator Software Update Today, Do I Need to Keep The Gladiator in “Run?” 0A661E44-9D10-416D-9CA4-F803A0AFD788
Sponsored

Haley

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, 1981 CJ8
Occupation
Landscaping
If it were me I'd stay in run.

OP
OP

Rei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
If it were me I'd stay in run.
In hindsight, I should’ve done that. I was sitting in the cabin, 92° outside, at least 95° inside.

I hit the Start button twice to get back into ACC, and it just kept going.

Glad to say it finished:

Jeep Gladiator Software Update Today, Do I Need to Keep The Gladiator in “Run?” 30FC581F-A52E-4F4D-833D-5BAD51F7F091

Haley

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Landscaping
I know the feeling. I installed an aftermarket stereo earlier this month that's needed a LOT of attention ever since. Our average daily temps are 105-110 lately.

Wyofuy069

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 jt Mojave
Occupation
Sales
Mine updated today and did it while I was driving. I forget to click the “what’s new” button. So what’s new?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Rei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
I know the feeling. I installed an aftermarket stereo earlier this month that's needed a LOT of attention ever since. Our average daily temps are 105-110 lately.
Stay cool!

OP
OP

Rei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Mine updated today and did it while I was driving. I forget to click the “what’s new” button. So what’s new?
I think we can find out by pressing the Assist button. I'm letting the hour pass, per the screen's message. I'll check what's new right after

OP
OP

Rei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
no luck. I can’t seem to pull up the “what’s new” section again.

has anyone seen what it contains?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Must be a 2021 update as my 2020 has nothing to update
My son had the radio replaced in his Compass under warranty. They said the other was too old to get current updates. His new one has the "buttons" like in the picture above - mine is very different than the one in the pic. They've changed things and the interface is a lot nicer on the newer radios than what I have or what he had.

Sponsored

Caspien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 GC Trailhawk
Occupation
I.T. Architect
My son had the radio replaced in his Compass under warranty. They said the other was too old to get current updates. His new one has the "buttons" like in the picture above - mine is very different than the one in the pic. They've changed things and the interface is a lot nicer on the newer radios than what I have or what he had.
Not trying to be a smartass, here, just asking.. but you know you can change the layout on the buttons, right? There's a color theme/scheme option under.. display I think it is.

The different themes change the colors, shapes, etc...

I had that option in my 2018 Renegade, so I ASSUME if you have the 8.4 in the gladiator, it will have it too?

(Again, not being an ass, just wondering if it's something I happened to stumble across that isn't that common?)

~Casp

Haley

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Landscaping
Not trying to be a smartass, here, just asking.. but you know you can change the layout on the buttons, right? There's a color theme/scheme option under.. display I think it is.

I had that option in my 2018 Renegade, so I ASSUME if you have the 8.4 in the gladiator, it will have it too?

(Again, not being an ass, just wondering if it's something I happened to stumble across that isn't that common?)

~Casp
Can you make the maps in Android auto full screen? You would make my year if the answer is yes.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

~Casp
I'll check - my son was pointing out the differences between his new radio and his old and I know he's a geek/programmer/developer who has used his to the max. He did play with the schemes on his - the first week he had his Jeep.
His was much more "modern" looking than his old.

I was also complaining to him about how my icons on the bottom keep disappearing and I have to drag them back. His being a compass didn't have all the same stuff mine has so he wasn't able to see how his worked in that respect compared to mine.
Wish there was a way to "lock the bar" like you can on a phone or computer. It keeps rearranging things on me.

Anyway, worth a look on mine to see - will choose the same scheme he has loaded on his and compare when we get a chance.
He was really raving about the big improvement his new one was.
Interesting that the dealer told him that his wasn't able to get the latest updates, too.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Those are just optional system designs. My 2020 has those screen options.

Pescado

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
I just checked and I don't have that theme as an option. Maybe its part of the update?
Sponsored