Some apps currently not available

Coyotesong

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Today I'm driving along offroad and the message pops up on the dash "some apps currently not available". I hit the apps icon and almost all the apps were grayed out and not working. It was particularly annoying since I was recording a new trail in nav and that was gone to. Off road pages wouldn't open. Almost all the apps wouldn't open.
Are the apps dependent on internet connection? I had no internet connection where I was and no cell service.
This is the second time in 3 days that this has happened. Any ideas as to what is going on?
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Today I'm driving along offroad and the message pops up on the dash "some apps currently not available". I hit the apps icon and almost all the apps were grayed out and not working. It was particularly annoying since I was recording a new trail in nav and that was gone to. Off road pages wouldn't open. Almost all the apps wouldn't open.
Are the apps dependent on internet connection? I had no internet connection where I was and no cell service.
This is the second time in 3 days that this has happened. Any ideas as to what is going on?
Were you in an area with no cellular service both times it happened?

OP
OP

Coyotesong

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
So this morning the apps are back. At this point I can only conclude that once cell or internet service is lost, not sure which yet, almost all apps are gone. How utterly useless for off roading. Not able to record a trail. Off Road pages gone - which I liked the gauges page so I could keep an eye on temps easily. And I was looking forward to trying the Tire Fill Assist app for airing up or down which is also gone when off roading. What a completely utterly useless system.

OP
OP

Coyotesong

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Spoke with dealer. Apps are 3G. No service = no apps.

Sponsored

KAT$JT

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
~ 2020 Punk'n Metallic Rubicon JT ~ 2019 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack ~
Occupation
Director of IT
Vehicle Showcase

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
What makes it worse is that some of those don't or shouldn't even REQUIRE a connection because they should operate locally, unless they are following the Bill Gates business model of all apps running from central servers, nothing will be installed locally in the future.

OP
OP

Coyotesong

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Yeah...I was amazed at things I didn't think would need internet connection were gone: gauges, pitch and roll, tire fill assist, ect.

SoCalGladiator

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Pumpkin Orange
How long does it take to come back? I was heavy off road, watching my pitch and roll and temps on the off road pages, then suddenly I get an error that some of the apps were unavailable. But even when I got back to civilization, they didn't come back. Even after cycling the engine on and off.

Do I go to the dealer, or if it sits overnight will it reset and work?

That seems to be absent of logic to make off road pages rely on internet? Hey everyone, we can watch our pitch and roll while going to the mall, not when we need it most, LOL

Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
How long does it take to come back? I was heavy off road, watching my pitch and roll and temps on the off road pages, then suddenly I get an error that some of the apps were unavailable. But even when I got back to civilization, they didn't come back. Even after cycling the engine on and off.

Do I go to the dealer, or if it sits overnight will it reset and work?

That seems to be absent of logic to make off road pages rely on internet? Hey everyone, we can watch our pitch and roll while going to the mall, not when we need it most, LOL
We understand why this may be concerning. We suggest having your dealer inspect this concern if you have not done so already. We are also available via private message if you would like any additional assistance during that process.

Alison
JeepCares

TahoeJohnny

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler TJ, Wrangler Hard Rock, Patriot
I just got back from an off-road trip and the issues with uconnect continue. I had a JK before I just bought my Gladiator and it had a whole separate set of issues with uconnect. That radio had to be replaced over three times.
The past couple days I experienced the same type of issues mentioned in this form with my Gladiator, which the dealer assured me that the uconnect system was vastly improved. My off-road pages apps was grayed out on and off throughout the trip.out. While it is mentioned above that it requires internet service, my entire trip was completely off-grid with no internet service and the off-road pages operated fine most 9f the time. So that does not make sense. Also, why would you need internet service to view the front facing camera? It also happened two or three times when there was strong cellular coverage while in park with the car running and the front facing camera would not work.

I have already registered a complaint with uconnect and they are escalating the issues. Unfortunately, their responses are absolutely terrible. They said they would call me back within the next day or two and it's been over a week. I am not going to let this go because we paid a lot of money for that dumb system. If anyone else is having issues, please let me know.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
I just got back from an off-road trip and the issues with uconnect continue. I had a JK before I just bought my Gladiator and it had a whole separate set of issues with uconnect. That radio had to be replaced over three times.
The past couple days I experienced the same type of issues mentioned in this form with my Gladiator, which the dealer assured me that the uconnect system was vastly improved. My off-road pages apps was grayed out on and off throughout the trip.out. While it is mentioned above that it requires internet service, my entire trip was completely off-grid with no internet service and the off-road pages operated fine most 9f the time. So that does not make sense. Also, why would you need internet service to view the front facing camera? It also happened two or three times when there was strong cellular coverage while in park with the car running and the front facing camera would not work.

I have already registered a complaint with uconnect and they are escalating the issues. Unfortunately, their responses are absolutely terrible. They said they would call me back within the next day or two and it's been over a week. I am not going to let this go because we paid a lot of money for that dumb system. If anyone else is having issues, please let me know.
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this is happening. Please DM us with more details so I can look into this further.

Alison
JeepCares
Sponsored