Sponsored

Something Jeep needs to do to sell more...

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
With Jeep being a more premium brand, there is one really big thing I think they could do to attract more sales. A few of the premium vehicles have specialized delivery options. Mercedes has (or had) the European delivery option, where you got to see your car roll off the line, take it on a 1-2 week driving tour of Europe, and then they shipped it to you in the US. Corvette has the Museum delivery, where you meet your car in the Corvette museum, learn all about it, and you use to be able to drive it on the track there, before they shipped it or you drove off. Both of these delivery options are always booked solid.

Jeep should do a few different options, such as a Rubicon Trail or a Moab delivery option. They could even as part of the package ship the Jeep to a dealer close to your home afterwards. I think it could be a great way to get a discounted vacation and your new Jeep in one shot.
Sponsored

KidBobot

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator Mojave, 17 Sienna, 92 VW Cabriolet
I've done the European delivery option with our Volvo XC90 T8.
It was an amazing experience. Stayed at a cool hotel, got a tour of the factory, even got fed lunch. The best part was I got to pick up the truck where it was "born", and drive around Europe with it. I chase Amsterdam as my drop-off (you can pick from a bunch of European cities). Got the truck in about 6 weeks, cleaned up an ready to roll. I left my baseball cap in the car to make sure they didn't switch it on me. But sure enough it was there waiting for me! LOL.

I'd definitely do A Toledo factory pick-up it were a choice.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
i don't think jeep is trying to become a premium brand. They will most likely spin wagoneer off into a separate brand if they are successful enough (the website doesn't even call the pair jeep vehicles, and the SUVs don't have a single jeep badge on them) and while the wrangler and gladiator are about 10k more than similarly sized vehicles from other manufacturers, no one would argue the price reflects luxury. Also all Jeep's other offerings are price competitive with the non-premium side of the industry

Sponsored

OP
OP
Artsifrtsi

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
i don't think jeep is trying to become a premium brand. They will most likely spin wagoneer off into a separate brand if they are successful enough (the website doesn't even call the pair jeep vehicles, and the SUVs don't have a single jeep badge on them) and while the wrangler and gladiator are about 10k more than similarly sized vehicles from other manufacturers, no one would argue the price reflects luxury. Also all Jeep's other offerings are price competitive with the non-premium side of the industry
Whether they identify as one or not, Jeep is not a vehicle that is at all necessary, and is a "Want" vehicle thus premium. Note, I did not say Luxury, rather premium.

MattK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator (JTR)
Jeep would never want to deliver a stock Rubicon Wrangler or Gladiator to anyone at the Rubicon trail. That would be a nightmare. It can "technically" do the Rubicon trail but it's not pretty and no one wants to see their brand new 50-70k vehicle get dragged all over the trail on a winch line or bashing it into rocks to clear an obstacle. The Rubicon trail is non-stop obstacles and the only break is at camp. I'd love to watch it but unless there's going to be 4 people stacking rocks all over the trail (defeating the purpose of it) then that would be a nightmare.

Even Jeep Jamboree has minimums and suggestions for Jeeps going on their Rubicon trip.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Whether they identify as one or not, Jeep is not a vehicle that is at all necessary, and is a "Want" vehicle thus premium. Note, I did not say Luxury, rather premium.
That's an extremely vague definition of premium vehicle. Does that make mustangs, camaros, and challengers premium vehicles too?

OP
OP
Artsifrtsi

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
That's an extremely vague definition of premium vehicle. Does that make mustangs, camaros, and challengers premium vehicles too?
Those would be grey area... the basic ones, no. The trims that are sold as performance trims, yes.

But regardless... you are splitting hairs on the idea. Jeep would do well to offer the delivery option of a Jamboree, or some organized event like the offroad school they do.

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
Jeep would never want to deliver a stock Rubicon Wrangler or Gladiator to anyone at the Rubicon trail. That would be a nightmare. It can "technically" do the Rubicon trail but it's not pretty and no one wants to see their brand new 50-70k vehicle get dragged all over the trail on a winch line or bashing it into rocks to clear an obstacle. The Rubicon trail is non-stop obstacles and the only break is at camp. I'd love to watch it but unless there's going to be 4 people stacking rocks all over the trail (defeating the purpose of it) then that would be a nightmare.

Even Jeep Jamboree has minimums and suggestions for Jeeps going on their Rubicon trip.
Yup. Maybe they roll-up with the Rubicon on a flatbed at Starbucks. Do the e-sign “paperwork” over a mocha latte…on the house. Take a spin around the block to the local shopping mall and “break it in” on some treacherous speed bumps/tables.:rock:

Sponsored

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.

Agreed. I don't think Jeep would like it at all when people go through the Rubicon and then decide they don't want to take delivery of a scraped up JT (at best).

onewhippedpuppy

Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Aerospace
It’s a cool idea but Jeep is by no means a premium brand. They aren’t expensive, they aren’t exclusive, and they don’t offer a high degree of customization from the factory. I love Jeeps but they are a mass produced mainstream vehicle. Which means the average Jeep buyer is probably a bit of a cheapskate, exhibit A would be the multitude of threads here about getting X% off of MSRP. So how many of those buyers are going to drop another $5k (give or take) for a delivery experience?

If you want to see premium, go look at Porsche’s website. You can customize all the way down to the color of your contrasting seat stitching, or have your car painted to match a color sample that you provide. Generally speaking, those are the sort of people who spend thousands to have a delivery experience.

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
Agreed. I don't think Jeep would like it at all when people go through the Rubicon and then decide they don't want to take delivery of a scraped up JT (at best).
Reminds me of the (probably faked) test drive video that came out 10+ years ago of a guy taking out an ‘03-04 Mustang Cobra for a test drive with the salesman.

Dude absolutely roasted the tires and you can hear the blower whining in the background.🤣 When they get back to the lot, the guy gets out, says something about the tires being in poor condition, and that he’ll have to pass on it.😂

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
I think comparing this with mercedes or corvette is a pretty far fetch…. The gladistor is the only new vehicle offered that meets all my needs.

OP
OP
Artsifrtsi

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
pretty far fetch…. The gladistor is the only new vehicle offered that meets all my needs.
For maybe what, 2% or less of owners? You can almost guarantee nearly every Jeep sold is not "needed".
Sponsored