First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Sales
I have had my gladiator (2021 Willys) since May and have had a problem the whole time with a rattle when playing music with any bass (even podcasts with a deep voice). I think the rattle is coming from the plastic piece that covers the metal bar above the rear passenger's head, slightly behind the overhead speaker. The screws seem to be tight and I can't figure out what to do. Anyone else have this issue or have any solutions? Thanks.
Sponsored

jay21mojave

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Gladiator 2013 JKU Sport '09 Patriot
Occupation
Sales Acct Mgr - OEM Wholesale DLR Group
I have had my gladiator (2021 Willys) since May and have had a problem the whole time with a rattle when playing music with any bass (even podcasts with a deep voice). I think the rattle is coming from the plastic piece that covers the metal bar above the rear passenger's head, slightly behind the overhead speaker. The screws seem to be tight and I can't figure out what to do. Anyone else have this issue or have any solutions? Thanks.
Welcome, you seem to have a suspect area, try some insulation (rag maybe) stuffed into / between the metal and plastic.. if corrected remove the screws and plastic piece and insulate with some foam tape.

Coachcal

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Education
I have the same problem in my Willys and it is driving me nuts. Let me know if you solve it.

02sahara

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Construction
Iā€™ve got something similar. Usually it seems to come from the lights in the sound bar. Putting my hand on it will fix it for a minute. Iā€™d also like to see if you come up with a fix.

Sponsored

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
You do realize you have warranty right?
Itā€™s part of the purchase price, let the dealer fix it.
Thatā€™s my opinion and how I deal with anything while still under warranty. You mess with it and break or damage something, itā€™s now on you.
Maybe there is a TSB on it, and itā€™s well known by Jeep in what to do.

Kilroy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator mat tow sport
Thatā€™s my opinion and how I deal with anything while still under warranty. You mess with it and break or damage something, itā€™s now on you.
Sounds like a sound plan, if they can't figure it out sticky felt pads or the soft side of velcro also work. Hopefully they have a good dealership, my local one's answer to everything is " It's a Jeep" until it's a TSB, they weren't too thrilled to have to do actual work for my steering box lol.

Coachcal

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Education
Dealerships don't have loaner cars right now so they are only an option if you can go without a car for a couple of days. I'd deal with it for a mechanical issue, but it isn't worth it for a rattle that they are going to say can't be replicated.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This. When I worked as a used car tech at a Saab dealer way back when, I would spend a lot of time searching out squeaks and rattles on used Saabs before we put them on the line. We had tapes of various thickness that we would put on things that rubbed together.

The loop side of stick on velcro is easy to get and works well.

Discdiver

First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JK
I finally fixed my speaker rattle and Iā€™m now very happy with the premium sound system where before I was completely disgusted with it. My drivers side sound bar speaker would rattle with any music with a little base. As others have mentioned I could press on the speaker grill or stick my hand above the sound bar and it would stop. Finally I had had enough of it so hereā€™s what I did. On you tube there are recordings of various frequency ranges. I played it until it reached a frequency where the rattle was completely obnoxious. I started removing the trim just above the back door. Some was held on by torx screws and some just snapped into place. Once I had enough trim removed to where I could see the bolts that hold the sound bar on the problem was obvious. One of the bolts wasnā€™t tight and the washer on it would spin and vibrate violently causing the rattle. I tightened the bolt and now I can turn the volume wide open with no rattle. This was super easy to do so donā€™t settle with wedging bubble wrap above the sound bar to fix it. I only wish I had done it sooner. The you tube recording made it really easy without having to wait for a song with the magic frequency to cause the rattle.

Sponsored

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
I think I'd try taking the whole thing off, adding weatherstripping between the plastic and the roll cage and securing it back down.

IanNubbit

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL 2 Door Sport 6MT & 2022 JT 6MT Sport
Occupation
Mopar Dealer Tech
A lot of the time the rattles are fixed by simply removing some of the screws into the suspected areas, make sure the panel is seated fully when lightning and they go away. Assembly line can only be so perfect. Although the design of the bar is... sad to say the least lol.

BoogaDugan

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Electrical Foreman
[/QUOTE

BoogaDugan

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Electrical Foreman
3/8ā€ door seal works great.

image.jpg

JTmac

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architecture
Adding to this thread in case anyone else has an issue with vibration. I was experiencing this and started to follow above direction locating a you tube video with different frequencies. Then started disassembling the trim. Note the piece of trim to the front of the roll bar has a plastic button holding it in in addition to the torx screws. So maybe had an extra on hand. My sound bar screws were tight so no issue there. When I removed the speaker cover I discovered the issue. One of the screws securing the inside speaker behind the cover had come loose. All good now.

IMG_4759.jpeg
Sponsored