Spacer Lift install?

Plippi07

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Just ordered my 3.5” RC kit. I want to install it myself, I can’t find any videos or even step by step of installation. How many of y’all installed it yourself? It comes with instructions but I know they are always hard to read on paper. Any help would be good thanks in advance
Sponsored

Daddiator

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1998 Cherokee XJ, 2004 Crossfire, 2006 300 5.7
Occupation
Fabricator/Patternmaker
Could probably use a JK video for most of it, but to be fair just take the new parts and replace the old parts.. one at a time, it’s not very difficult

wyldefreebyrd

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White Gladiator Rubicon
Is that the spacer lift? If so, follow the written instructions and might want to look into getting a spring compressor. Installed a 2" spacer lift and was able to get the spring back in place by standing on the axle. The extra 1.5" might be a bit more difficult.

powerwagon48

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Just finished my MOPAR 2" lift today...was not difficult...but it take a little longer than I anticipated...directions were generic but got the point across.
I couldn't find much online either other than Skyjacker suspension had some pretty clear instructions for their 2.5 lift

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
A spacer lift is fairly straight forward. You won't need a spring compressor if you disconnect all the parts required to lower the axle(I refrain from using spring compressors on any vehicles unless absolutely necessary). Doing so will give you plenty of space to install the coils much taller than the 3.5". On most 2.5" kits I can get away without disconnecting the front driveshaft from the axle, but I've found on some of the taller kits with longer springs removing those 4 bolts will allow the axle to droop much further. You should loosen but not remove all 16 bolts holding the control arms in place(You will then re-tighten them with the Jeep on the ground at the new ride height). I always loosen both bolts from the track bars, and remove one end while the Jeep is still on the ground so you are not side loading the bolt with the suspension hanging. The springs on the Gladiator are corner specific, so make sure they go back where they came off, and also make sure the indexing nipples are oriented correctly on the upper pads when re-installing the springs.

The rest is fairly self explanatory.... Just watch you brake lines/connectors etc to make sure everything is loose when lowering the axle.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Plippi07

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
A spacer lift is fairly straight forward. You won't need a spring compressor if you disconnect all the parts required to lower the axle(I refrain from using spring compressors on any vehicles unless absolutely necessary). Doing so will give you plenty of space to install the coils much taller than the 3.5". On most 2.5" kits I can get away without disconnecting the front driveshaft from the axle, but I've found on some of the taller kits with longer springs removing those 4 bolts will allow the axle to droop much further. You should loosen but not remove all 16 bolts holding the control arms in place(You will then re-tighten them with the Jeep on the ground at the new ride height). I always loosen both bolts from the track bars, and remove one end while the Jeep is still on the ground so you are not side loading the bolt with the suspension hanging. The springs on the Gladiator are corner specific, so make sure they go back where they came off, and also make sure the indexing nipples are oriented correctly on the upper pads when re-installing the springs.

The rest is fairly self explanatory.... Just watch you brake lines/connectors etc to make sure everything is loose when lowering the axle.
That was my next question is about the brake lines. Is there enough slack in them stock? On my jk I had to get brackets to connect the lines lower, and that was only a 2.5” lift. Or will they just bolt back into place after the lift is done

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
That was my next question is about the brake lines. Is there enough slack in them stock? On my jk I had to get brackets to connect the lines lower, and that was only a 2.5” lift. Or will they just bolt back into place after the lift is done
I haven't lifted enough Gladiators to know in the rear, but the front has plenty of slack. I have 14" travel coilovers on my JL and I am using the factory brake lines(re-routed) front and rear. The Gladiator seems to have less slack in the rear than the JL, but most kits that need it come with longer brake lines.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
how do these spacer lifts adjust for castor? What about the rear does the pinion angle need adjustment or axle recentered?

wyldefreebyrd

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White Gladiator Rubicon
how do these spacer lifts adjust for castor? What about the rear does the pinion angle need adjustment or axle recentered?
Haven't measured since installing the spacers. The Daystar lift comes with front lower control arms. Adding an adjustable track bar might be my next mod.
Sponsored