Sponsored

Spacer lift. Ready Lift vs AEV. Advice/opinions needed.

Which Spacer Lift

• Total voters

Jerhemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Willys
I think I may finally pull the trigger on a spacer lift. I have narrowed it down to two; AEV 2" or Ready Lift 2.5".

Is one better quality? They both carry good reviews. I like AEV as a company and it retains the full rake....but I like the idea of the little extra ride height from Ready Lift.

MILD offroad use application.

Thoughts??
Sponsored

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I bought a used AEV lift. I liked that it kept the rake for hauling and AEV stuff gets the benefit of the doubt being engineered well since they coordinate with OEM. They include both front and rear shock extensions and sway bar links (readylift gives front shock ext. And rear sway links). AEV includes a driveshaft carrier spacer. Readylift includes brake line brackets.
I can’t vouch for how necessary each of those are but I don’t think you need the brake line moved unless you get more flexible control arms. I stretched mine to the max to remove the springs and put my spacers in, and that was with loosening the control arms so the axle would flex more.

To me spacer lifts are pretty basic and at low height a lot of the differences are probably negligible. That’s why I waited to get mine used, though I still think AEV’s is the most complete.
I would think shock ext. and bump stops are the important inclusions.

BTW I added geometry brackets and that helped the ride.

OP
OP
Jerhemi

Jerhemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Willys
I bought a used AEV lift. I liked that it kept the rake for hauling and AEV stuff gets the benefit of the doubt being engineered well since they coordinate with OEM. They include both front and rear shock extensions and sway bar links (readylift gives front shock ext. And rear sway links). AEV includes a driveshaft carrier spacer. Readylift includes brake line brackets.
I can’t vouch for how necessary each of those are but I don’t think you need the brake line moved unless you get more flexible control arms. I stretched mine to the max to remove the springs and put my spacers in, and that was with loosening the control arms so the axle would flex more.

To me spacer lifts are pretty basic and at low height a lot of the differences are probably negligible. That’s why I waited to get mine used, though I still think AEV’s is the most complete.
I would think shock ext. and bump stops are the important inclusions.

BTW I added geometry brackets and that helped the ride.
Thank you very much for the response!

Captain Muskie

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 JLUS
Occupation
Steelworker
I voted aev i put one in my gladiator last spring and really like it but i have no experience with the ready lift for comparison.

XJFanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL, 2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Any of the options are similar. I went with Iron Rock Offroad and added their budget shocks. Used some JL rear sway bar links up front and synergy rear sway bar brackets to help reinforce the factory mounts. Than topped it off with a rock jock carrier bearing drop. I needed new shocks and the ones in my kit only added $49 and are nice and soft for the country roads I drive.

That being said within your options I would do AEV as it has the bearing drop and sway bar bracket braces IIRC.
Sponsored