Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Finally had a day off work and took the doors and top off. Was also to install the Spiderwebshade as well and man does this thing cut down on the heat! We took a ride with the doors and top off before the install and with a heat index of 105 degrees today, the whole family was melting on the short ride. Came home and put the Spiderwebshade on and what a huge difference it made on cutting down the heat directly from the sun. Installation was simple and I like that it can stay on the Gladiator even with the hard top on. I'll have an installation/review video up pretty soon on my YouTube channel so keep checking back.

9jBrVloh.jpg

LgrgRzih.jpg

zGwYWyPh.jpg
Sponsored

cajun charlie

First Name
Cajun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Finally had a day off work and took the doors and top off. Was also to install the Spiderwebshade as well and man does this thing cut down on the heat! We took a ride with the doors and top off before the install and with a heat index of 105 degrees today, the whole family was melting on the short ride. Came home and put the Spiderwebshade on and what a huge difference it made on cutting down the heat directly from the sun. Installation was simple and I like that it can stay on the Gladiator even with the hard top on. I'll have an installation/review video up pretty soon on my YouTube channel so keep checking back.

9jBrVloh.jpg

LgrgRzih.jpg

zGwYWyPh.jpg
@Ted Striker I saw that you have to "move" the windshield back some to get the front portion of the shade in place. Any issues there?

Thanks,

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ted Striker

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@Ted Striker I saw that you have to "move" the windshield back some to get the front portion of the shade in place. Any issues there?

Thanks,
None at all, very simple to do. Only 4 torx bolts across the header on the inside. I flipped the windshield wipers out, had my wife hold the windshield back from the frame and installed the clips on the front and set the windshield back down then put the bolts back in.

cajun charlie

First Name
Cajun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
None at all, very simple to do. Only 4 torx bolts across the header on the inside. I flipped the windshield wipers out, had my wife hold the windshield back from the frame and installed the clips on the front and set the windshield back down then put the bolts back in.
@Ted Striker Good to know. I see you are also in Htown. What area of the city?

bcunning82

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Bright White

9jBrVloh.jpg

LgrgRzih.jpg

zGwYWyPh.jpg
Shade screen looks great! Going to put on my list for my ordered Gladiator. I looked at their website and it says this stays on with the hard top, but I dont see how you access the freedom top latches. Is there openings? How does that work?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ted Striker

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@Ted Striker Good to know. I see you are also in Htown. What area of the city?
Crosby. NE Harris County

Shade screen looks great! Going to put on my list for my ordered Gladiator. I looked at their website and it says this stays on with the hard top, but I dont see how you access the freedom top latches. Is there openings? How does that work?
There is an opening on the top that allow the freedom panel latches to engage.

the-dude-abides

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020
Took a few pictures to show the Spiderwebshade when the hard top is on.

VzEyM11h.jpg

L750pQYh.jpg

rgaeN1Ah.jpg
How do you access the latches though? I can see how they easily engage just not seeing how to access them. Can you just move the shade a little and get to them easily?

Thanks for the pics BTW.

OP
OP
Ted Striker

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
How do you access the latches though? I can see how they easily engage just not seeing how to access them. Can you just move the shade a little and get to them easily?

Thanks for the pics BTW.
Yes, you just move the shade out of the way a little to access the latches. It's all bungee cords, so it stretches easily enough to get your hand in there.

Chance_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Looks really good! I installed the red one on my JT, unfortunately I did not like how much lower in made the ceiling so I returned it.

Sponsored

JOKER8R

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR / GCM - 2016 KIA Optima
Ended up getting one. Love it so far.
IMG_20190817_172431.jpg
I didn’t see the flag shade on their part site for the JT, did you have to call for that one or did you get one for a different model

77badriand

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2017 Jeep JK
Wife bought me one as soon as she knew I was getting a JT, she has one on her JK and loves it. Also like mine and keeps it dark inside instead of that white underside when top is on

OneBadHombre

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave being built...
Occupation
Medical Devices
Looks really good! I installed the red one on my JT, unfortunately I did not like how much lower in made the ceiling so I returned it.
How much space did you lose? I’m 6’3 and don’t want my head hitting the actual shade.
Sponsored