First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon JT, 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Sales Director Alloy Wheel Repair
I look at how many JTs are in route everyday to the Atlanta area. Today for the first time 10 of 116 are Sport S models.
Sponsored

RIPLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2015 Jeep Renegade
I have quit a few in my area but only found 1 with max tow

OP
OP
Tire Guy

Tire Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
And still no Overland with color matched roof. All black.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Am wondering if any manual transmission trucks are being delivered. I would like to drive one. Anyone know?

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I look at how many JTs are in route everyday to the Atlanta area. Today for the first time 10 of 116 are Sport S models.
I've been checking for the one that Spencer is getting, still doesn't show up.

Sponsored

RIPLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
More than likely the trucks that are showing up are still factory spec'd and Jeep knows that a lot of people want these for the towing capability. To get decent tow ratings you have 2 choices Rubicon and Sport S with max tow, not sending out the Sport S with max tow is a way to push people to the Rubicon. The things that Jeep has done with this release makes smart business sense but it's screwing the buyers. They released the LE and immediately sold 4190 if them and the people that ordered them won't be getting them any time soon and they aren't honoring affiliate pricing.

OP
OP
Tire Guy

Tire Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
As you look at the window stickers on all these in-route vehicles they spec very similar with only slight variations. All the Rubicons are body colored hard top but none of the Overlands. Basically they are set up to sell with the most often selected options. Too bad they didn't actually consult someone who has been selling Jeeps.:angry:

hoch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Am wondering if any manual transmission trucks are being delivered. I would like to drive one. Anyone know?
I doubt it would show up unless it's an order. I've been waiting, too, but nothing on the radar. You could, of course, test a JL manual, since they're essentially the same thing.

Still no base Sport available to order (with manual).

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Bonus points to the first person who finds a Max Towing model on a dealer lot and snaps pictures of the part number tags on the coil springs.

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
As you look at the window stickers on all these in-route vehicles they spec very similar with only slight variations. All the Rubicons are body colored hard top but none of the Overlands. Basically they are set up to sell with the most often selected options. Too bad they didn't actually consult someone who has been selling Jeeps.:angry:
Or anyone of us who would configure optimally also

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
Bonus points to the first person who finds a Max Towing model on a dealer lot and snaps pictures of the part number tags on the coil springs.
Hmmm.. do you think they are max tow only or match to Rubicon?

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I doubt it would show up unless it's an order. I've been waiting, too, but nothing on the radar. You could, of course, test a JL manual, since they're essentially the same thing.

Still no base Sport available to order (with manual).
Yes I am well aware of that. But I am ok to wait until one gets in so I can see how the truck handles and at the same time see how the gear shifting feels. Am in no hurry since I have decided not to get one, for now at least. Doing homework on this truck for now.

RIPLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I found a Sport S with max tow with most of the options I want, the dealer is 2 hours away and refuses to negotiate over the phone, they said they are open to negotiations but face to face. They want me to make them an offer, but in order for me to make an offer they want a credut card deposit. I asked why the deposit and they said to show I was serious, I have never heard of such a thing. I would more than likely buy this truck, but I'm not giving a deposit do make an offer.
Sponsored