First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator
Occupation
Job.... always got a job...
Seems to me that the factory fender flares are multi-piece. Curious, has anyone ventured and taken them apart to see if the bottom piece will separate and provide more clearance for larger tires and still be solid enough to not blow off at highway speeds?
Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Nope but somebody should try it. :) I have my splash guards on now and don't want to reassemble all those plastic rivets.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
Seems to me that the factory fender flares are multi-piece. Curious, has anyone ventured and taken them apart to see if the bottom piece will separate and provide more clearance for larger tires and still be solid enough to not blow off at highway speeds?
Sounds like a JT OWNER is looking for a "test mule"? Afraid to tweet on your own eh ? Why not just buy some "real" off road Flares and see your fenders ?

Hemi

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JK, 2020 Gladiator
There's a video on the YouTube channel OFFRD that goes over fitting 35s on a Sport. Might want to check it out

OP
OP
Jeepdude413

Jeepdude413

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator
Occupation
Definitely
Sounds like a JT OWNER is looking for a "test mule"? Afraid to tweet on your own eh ? Why not just buy some "real" off road Flares and see your fenders ?
Definitely an option, just throwing it out there for those that may have had a chance to tinker before me. Gonna try to investigate more throughly this week.

Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Yes, the two piece flares can be separated. There are instructional videos on YouTube about how to do it. There are also companies who are selling “fender chop” kits to brace the fender, Artec and Quake LED being two of the best. There’s lots of info available on the JL Forum.

OP
OP
Jeepdude413

Jeepdude413

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator
Occupation
Yes, the two piece flares can be separated. There are instructional videos on YouTube about how to do it. There are also companies who are selling “fender chop” kits to brace the fender, Artec and Quake LED being two of the best. There’s lots of info available on the JL Forum.
Thats why I reach out to my Jeep brethren...someone, somewhere knows. Thanks for the quick response. Happy Jeepin

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
There's a video on the YouTube channel OFFRD that goes over fitting 35s on a Sport. Might want to check it out

Been a follower of his YouTube Channel during his JL days and delighted about the JT buy and subsequent videos of his build up on his Max Tow Sport S . All should go check that out, as he continues to have a video or 2 per week on it !
Sponsored