• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Sport S with 37’s and no Max Tow.

GaJT

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Anyone running 37’s without the max tow? How does it perform with the stock 3.73 gears?
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
No idea, but I bet it would be a complete dog on 37's... You're final gearing would be in the mid 2.XX afterwards... That would be horrible, IMO.

Remember, even a Max Tow and JTR with 4.10's & 33's, swapping to 37's requires a minimum of 4.56 gears to retain stock performance, and most run 4.88's for a little bet of extra low-end oomph.

Gregbj33

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2017 Wrangler
Occupation
Store Manager Weis Markets
I’m doing it. No problems or complaints on my end. Using Tazer along with Pedal Commander. Mix of both highway and city driving in my daily commute and hang around 16.5 mpg. No issues passing vehicles on the highway.

Gregbj33

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2017 Wrangler
Occupation
Store Manager Weis Markets
Yes, I only had my stock wheels/tires on it for the drive home from delivery and immediately swapped out wheels and 35s. The 10mile ride home probably wasn’t long enough to feel a difference to the 35s. Even going to 37s from 35s minor difference. I believe the new 8 speed transmission does wonders for these larger tires!

Mr. Wuf

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Principal
I'm driving an Overland with 3.73 gears and 37s. It's nowhere near ideal, but it is honestly not nearly as bad as I had expected. I recalibrated my tire size with a Tazer, and I'm getting a little over 17 mpg. My initial plan was to install the lift and tires, drive the Jeep for a few days to see how bad it felt, and then schedule a regear right away. Don't get me wrong, I can 100% feel the difference with the bigger tires, and I'm still going to regear to 4.88, but that can wait until later this summer or maybe the fall. It's not the dire need I had anticipated.

Sponsored

zuke

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2015 JKU, 2006 TJ, 2021 Bronco BL
I'm on 37's with 3.73s, and I'm not at all disappointed.

I think people will always say there isn't enough power or gear, and they don't remember that 10 short years ago we were all running Jeeps with way less horsepower and torque, and complained about our gearing then too...

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Just to throw my 2c in. I'm running 37's with the Max Tow and can feel a difference in the JT's acceleration from a standstill vs the stock wheels and tires when hauling. Last couple of days, I've been hauling landscape material topping out at 2k due to trailer limitations. Out of curiosity sake, I also hauled a load with my stock wheels and tires and I can definitely feel the difference between the two setups. My plan ultimately is just to swap out the wheels and tires when I pull our yet to be purchased RV. Pics show trailer loaded w 2k vs unloaded.

That being said, with no loaded trailer, the JT accelerates far better than I expected with the new 37's. I've had a couple of JK's that I ran 35's on and they were complete dogs.

IMG-7370.JPG

IMG-7378.JPG
with or without a lift, spacers, stc

JTpoor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Tyrant
with or without a lift, spacers, stc
1 1/2" Daystar Spacer up front to take out the rake
No wheel spacers
Tazer Mini for speedo recalibration and shift point correction

Actually, after re-reading my own post, I deleted it bc I didn't think it really contributed to the conversation as the OP was asking about running 37's w 3.73 gears.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
1 1/2" Daystar Spacer up front to take out the rake
No wheel spacers
Tazer Mini for speedo recalibration and shift point correction

Actually, after re-reading my own post, I deleted it bc I didn't think it really contributed to the conversation as the OP was asking about running 37's w 3.73 gears.
thanks. Well, pm me a pic or link to it so I can stare at it until I finally justify in replacing my 35s bought last week with 37s:CWL:

Fastwake

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
There is only 200 RPM difference between a 4.10 and a 3.73 gearing I have spoke with many Jeep experts and they all said you will hardly notice the difference between the 2

Sponsored

Fastwake

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have 373 on 35s and have no problem staying in 8th gear all day long from 52 mph to over 75 mph. Of course it will down shift on a grade or heavy Wind. I am used to high horse power cars and trucks and off the line I see no value In changing anything. All you guys trying to hop the Jeep’s up are wasting your time. Just go buy a 4x4 truck with 4/5/600 horse power and be done with it.

zuke

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2015 JKU, 2006 TJ, 2021 Bronco BL
My wife towed my TJ Rubi (Total weight of TJ and Trailer roughly 5200lbs) to Windrock TN. from Stafford VA and back at the beginning of the month with the Sport S, 3.73s on 37's while I followed in the Silverado towing her JKU. She slowed down to 55 anytime the Tranny reached 230 Degrees per my instruction, But that was only twice on the whole 15 hour roundtrip run, The rest of the run was 70~75mph with no problems.

It does have a RedArc Brake Controller and a Weight distributing hitch, She said it wasn't uncomfortable or unstable at all.

Jeep Gladiator Sport S with 37’s and no Max Tow. 1625092116634
Sponsored