Sport & Sport S

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Has anyone ever seen any pictures or videos of any Sport or Sport S trucks? Jeep claims that they will build them. But to my knowledge the only ones they have ever shown to the world is Overland and Rubicon models. So if anyone has pictures or videos of these rumored trucks then please post them. Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Most interesting, definitely not an Overland or a Rubicon. For certain different wheels than what’s been shown on Overlands and Rubicons. And no rock rails or side steps. Is that a Sport or a Sport S? Got any other pictures of that truck? Thanks.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
Most interesting, definitely not an Overland or a Rubicon. For certain different wheels than what’s been shown on Overlands and Rubicons. And no rock rails or side steps. Is that a Sport or a Sport S? Got any other pictures of that truck? Thanks.
You CAN build each model on jeep.com, just can't Price it ! The main diff is just like the diff for the JLU's - Power windows and more options offerings not available to the BASE (basic) Sport. Unless your short on funds, the Sport S is well worth the additional $$$ ! of course as always IMO . Stand by to stand by . . . changes are in the offing in the build/price pages.

Sponsored

Mr_baker4420

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
It's a sport s. Check out the wheels.

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
D707DC26-CB0D-46DF-9E4B-BAD2AC1CA9AC.jpeg
099D13D0-66B9-4FAD-8AF2-D8DF88E30B80.jpeg
You are right about that. I found the story that WTOL posted about that show. They had a very short video and in that video I was able to see that this one does not have manual window crank handles on the rear drivers side door, makes it a Sport S. Does anyone else have any other pictures of this truck? Did anyone go to that show? Love to see pictures of any Sport model at any shows.Thanks.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
It's a sport s. Check out the wheels.
Yup . . . the Sport Base Model also has STEEL wheels all around - the only one you can do a 5 tire rotation IF you want all wheels the same . . . without going & buying a new set OR buying ONE from JEEP - $$$$ ! I inquired about this for my G.C. and the Price was OVER $700 for 1 rim ! No thanks .

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Yup . . . the Sport Base Model also has STEEL wheels all around - the only one you can do a 5 tire rotation IF you want all wheels the same . . . without going & buying a new set OR buying ONE from JEEP - $$$$ ! I inquired about this for my G.C. and the Price was OVER $700 for 1 rim ! No thanks .
Don’t believe that’s correct - the sport does have steel wheels, but they’re not the same as any of the spares we’ve seen. The mains are 5 spoke black wheels, and the spares are 18 hole disc style wheels.

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
You CAN build each model on jeep.com, just can't Price it ! The main diff is just like the diff for the JLU's - Power windows and more options offerings not available to the BASE (basic) Sport. Unless your short on funds, the Sport S is well worth the additional $$$ ! of course as always IMO . Stand by to stand by . . . changes are in the offing in the build/price pages.
Hey Lou2.0 FYI a lot of times a persons ability to pay the price for anything has nothing at all to do with their decision about what to buy or what not to buy. I could afford to pay for a Moab Wrangler but I actually lean to a Sport or to Sport S Gladiator. Simple reason is that I really don’t want to have power windows, mirrors and locks or leather or any other do dads that come with the upper level Gladiators. In fact if I could get one with rubber flooring and no carpet then I would do that in a heartbeat. I have a 2007 FJ Cruiser and it’s got rubber floors, love that part of it. I get in with wet, muddy feet from the boat landing and later just wipe it clean. To me a Wrangler or a Gladiator is a work and play vehicle that just should have some things as manual, not power. My humble opinion.

I think it may be a pain in the ass to unlock the back doors of a Gladiator equipped with manual locks, maybe not. And I may get a local company to put power locks just on the rear doors if it turns into something that really is a huge pain. And why have power mirrors? Heck once you set them into place ya almost never need to readjust them. And if someone runs me off a road and into a lake I know that I will not loose manual power to roll down the windows so the car can then fill up with water so I can then open a door and swim to the surface. Power windows may short out and oops you can’t open the doors due to the pressure on them.

On a Wrangler you have to get a Sahara in order to get power windows, mirrors and locks. That’s $6,850.00 more than a base Sport model just to get these power items. I would rather pay a few hundred bucks for power locks from a local aftermarket company. Trust me I already checked into it. It’s feasible and it’s a nominal cost.

Same thing for the small stereo system that has no navigation. I can pay thousands more to get an upper level model that has navigation or I can spend less than $1000.00 to get an aftermarket system that has a much larger screen, has navigation and even has a CD player. Yes I play those old fashioned things.

Just not personally interested in all the extra bells and whistles.

Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
All of this ^^

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna, 1989 Turbo Trans Am
Hey Lou2.0 FYI a lot of times a persons ability to pay the price for anything has nothing at all to do with their decision about what to buy or what not to buy. I could afford to pay for a Moab Wrangler but I actually lean to a Sport or to Sport S Gladiator. Simple reason is that I really don’t want to have power windows, mirrors and locks or leather or any other do dads that come with the upper level Gladiators. In fact if I could get one with rubber flooring and no carpet then I would do that in a heartbeat. I have a 2007 FJ Cruiser and it’s got rubber floors, love that part of it. I get in with wet, muddy feet from the boat landing and later just wipe it clean. To me a Wrangler or a Gladiator is a work and play vehicle that just should have some things as manual, not power. My humble opinion.

I think it may be a pain in the ass to unlock the back doors of a Gladiator equipped with manual locks, maybe not. And I may get a local company to put power locks just on the rear doors if it turns into something that really is a huge pain. And why have power mirrors? Heck once you set them into place ya almost never need to readjust them. And if someone runs me off a road and into a lake I know that I will not loose manual power to roll down the windows so the car can then fill up with water so I can then open a door and swim to the surface. Power windows may short out and oops you can’t open the doors due to the pressure on them.

On a Wrangler you have to get a Sahara in order to get power windows, mirrors and locks. That’s $6,850.00 more than a base Sport model just to get these power items. I would rather pay a few hundred bucks for power locks from a local aftermarket company. Trust me I already checked into it. It’s feasible and it’s a nominal cost.

Same thing for the small stereo system that has no navigation. I can pay thousands more to get an upper level model that has navigation or I can spend less than $1000.00 to get an aftermarket system that has a much larger screen, has navigation and even has a CD player. Yes I play those old fashioned things.

Just not personally interested in all the extra bells and whistles.
Then Sport S is what you're looking for and what we actually got for our '18 JLU. You don't need to spend $$$s for the Sahara for those basic upgrades.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Then Sport S is what you're looking for and what we actually got for our '18 JLU. You don't need to spend $$$s for the Sahara for those basic upgrades.
This is correct. You don’t have to step up to the Sahara to get power windows and locks- Sport S.

Mr_baker4420

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
This is correct. You don’t have to step up to the Sahara to get power windows and locks- Sport S.
Beat me to it. Also, why would you get the one without power locks just to add them later. Plus the far fetched scenario of driving into a lake? Come on now Jake. But just in case you do find yourself in that unlikely scenario you should know this. Just like in underwater helicopter egress training, which I have done, you don't move until the cabin is full of water. Once your doomed gladiator fills with water the pressure will be equal inside and out. Then you just open the door. But if you're that worried about it, should you even be driving?

Last edited:

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
they may be steel, but don't look like the other spares on the build/price tool. =(
Sponsored