Sponsored

Spot painting trimmed frame bracket advice.

Zero_Accel

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Anyone have any recommendations for paint matching the frame? I had bought a pair of Mojave shocks on the forums a few months ago and everything more or less bolted up, just one small issue here, turns out they trim the frame at the factory. (Please ignore the loose bracket, I have some new clamps that I haven't put on yet)

With my longer sway bar arms I'm worried that I'll pinch the line on the sway bar or the frame will wear through it eventually. Was thinking of trimming it with a Dremel, smoothing it with a grinder, and painting it, but I'm not sure what type of paint to use.

IMG_4736.jpg
Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
I have had good luck Steel It paint, I don’t worry to much about matching the paint as I have a coating of Fluid Film over most of the frame and suspension parts.

TroutFishingInAmerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Check out Eastwood, they probably have some chassis paint that will come close. I use John Deere Blitz Black on everything and haven't worried all that much about matching on the chassis. Eastwood would be the place I would look if I wanted to match. Good Luck.
Sponsored