Sponsored

Spray In Bed Liner Line-X or Rhino?

viiiball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Just got our JT on Friday. Want to get the bed lined. Just out of curiosity, anyone know if the "stock" Jeep spray-in bed liner is either Rhino or Line-X?

Those are the two that seem to come up all the time. There are pros and cons of each so anyone do Line-X or Rhino and have feedback?

And I am going to want a tonneau cover so get that installed before or after the spray in bed liner?
Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
If done at the dealer, it's whom ever is closest to dealer.

The dealer I bought mine from uses Ziebart, which is Rhino Line.

Other dealer I looked at used Line-X which was closer to them.

Since I just had this done, it is easier on you or them to install tonneau after it is sprayed.
It will have to be removed and front foam strip taken off and replaced afterward.

OP
OP
viiiball

viiiball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
If done at the dealer, it's whom ever is closest to dealer.
So these are done at a dealer, not direct from the factory even if the window sticker says "spray-in bed liner"?

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
So these are done at a dealer, not direct from the factory even if the window sticker says "spray-in bed liner"?
I can't answer that question. I know you can add as a factory option, but nowhere can I find that it is factory applied or dealer applied. Some options are a dealer added option.

The dealer I bought from does it to about half the new trucks that come through, Dodge or Jeep. Their charge for doing it is $800, I had it done for $495 with tax from same place they use.

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass Limited, Audi Q8
When I researched it appears that 1) the factory (on the window sticker) bed liner is by an outside company near the factory from what I heard 2) I had heard that the product used in the factory bed lining was similiar to Line-X but thinner coating.

I had mine done by Line-X local and they did a terrfic job. I did get the premium with the added UV protectant ($600 total). Took about 2 hours to do.

Jeep Gladiator Spray In Bed Liner Line-X or Rhino? t1

Last edited:

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I would also add that the process that is done for the factory ordered spray in bed liners uses a adhesion promoter before spraying and not a scuff and spray like the Line-X or Rhino liner uses and is somewhat inferior. A few Youtube videos of both RAM and Ford trucks out there that use the adhesion promoter process shows that once a edge or nick to the factory liner occurs, it can be pulled up and torn off in sheets.

I would advocate forgoing a the factory ordered spray in liner and get either a Line-X or Rhino liner and be done with it. I have the Rhino Liner in my Gladiator and have had it in past truck and think it is a excellent product. That being said, Line-X does have material spec to be the superior of the two but either one would be fine for most users.

OP
OP
viiiball

viiiball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
@cbl1 I see you have a roll up tonneau cover too. I want one as well and assume I should get the bed lined first. Does the cover use the threaded holes I see in the back wall of the bed? If so, how did you protect those holes from being filled with the Line-X when getting the bed sprayed?

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes it is the two threaded holes on each side about 2 inches down. They plugged the holes so as not to fill. I had taken the top off at home so it was not on when took to Line-x. So I mentioned the holes to them and they said no problem. I would show them but I got the feeling they check for those things.

Last edited:

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A point of advice. If you have the trail rails and have any intention of removing them later to put in a molle rack or anything mounting behind the trial rail - tell them not to put the adhesive behind the rails. ThAt adhesive they use was really strong and when I installed my Molle panel behind front rail it was extremely hard to pry the rail from the bed liner. I was very afraid I was going to bend the rail.

Jay Gatsby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red JT
I had mine done by Line-X local and they did a terrfic job. I did get the premium with the added UV protectant ($600 total)...
Same here. Really like the shiny, tough surface compared to Rhino which is a bit softer. Keep in mind whatever you put in the bed has the potential of being scratched because of the roughness of the Line-X surface. Some people put mats on top of it. For me, it isn't a problem. I like the fact that the surface seems to grab whatever is placed on it and I carry a lot of construction stuff.

Sponsored

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
No, if you order from the factory, it's done there, they have a shop at the factory that does them. If you have it done after it's delivered to the dealer, then the dealer will send it to a local shop to do it.

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had heard the factory sends finished trucks out to a company GFX Ltd (which is run by Line-X) that does the bed liners - at least that is what they were doing with RAM trucks ... I would assume the same for Jeep.

OP
OP
viiiball

viiiball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
No, if you order from the factory, it's done there, they have a shop at the factory that does them. If you have it done after it's delivered to the dealer, then the dealer will send it to a local shop to do it.
Any idea if Jeep does Line-X, Rhino or something else?

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had heard GFX does them with similiar spray as Line-X - - just a little thinner version. I haven't seen anyone confirm if they do a scuff of paint prior to spray or and adhesion promoter that you see with factory beds (less preferred).

Overall - I think the consensus is that for the same price as factory ... going to local Rhino or Line-X you get a little better finished version. I paid an additional $100 on my line-x ($600 total) to have the UV protectant added on to keep from greying.
Sponsored