First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT MaxTow, 2015 Harley Triglide, GMC Terrain
Occupation
Plumber
Having liner sprayed this week. How do I protect the threaded holes from being entirely covered and clogged. Do they have a way to keep the threads usable. I’ve thought of grease but may interfere with bonding. Squeeze silicone into the holes? Someone told me they used pencil erasers in the hole. I thought pushing golf tees in. Am I just being paranoid? I’m going to make some type of cargo system but not ready yet. I have to think it out.
Sponsored

sgtkersh

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland; 1980 CJ5 Golden Eagle
If you are having it professionally sprayed, they usually take care of this. I had my Gladiator done at Line-X and they took out or taped up all the stuff in the back (trail rails, power, light, etc). I have had trucks down at Leonards and same thing. You should ask who is doing it. When I did my JKU and a friends TJ, we used golf tees to plug wholes. They work well for that.

OP
OP
Plumbob

Plumbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Plumber
Thanks I thought the golf tee was a good idea too. The bed liner is a WoOwe from the dealer. I’m going to contact the company doing it to ask if they do take care of it.

Thunder Cloud

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2007 Ram 3500 MC DRW, 2002 Mustang
Occupation
GE Aviation
Foam ear plugs in the holes will work....

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The reason I didn't want the factory spray in bed liner... They don't plug anything and spray everything but bed lights. I'm going to have to tap out all of the nutserts now. Damn I still need to find my tap n die sets and hope I have a M6 tap. All the after market spray in bed liners I've seen have been better than any of the factory ones I seen.

Sponsored

Soedog

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2006 BMW Z4 3. 0si. Previous Jeeps: 2012 JK Sport, 2016 JK Rubicon Hard Rock Edition
Occupation
Quality Engineering Tech
Talk to the installer and let them know you want all tapped holes masked. Most reputable installers will do this regardless.
Had mine Linex coated and told them I was going to install a Mopar Hard Tri Fold bedcover. The installer even came out to my home to get the drain tubes from the kit so he could drill the proper sized holes for me before coating. That’s some good service.

AJ-MJ

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Grand Cherokee and 1954 Willys
Occupation
Retired
I had mine Linxed. I drilled and taped. That cleaned every thing up.

OP
OP
Plumbob

Plumbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Plumber
Talked to the installer today. He told me if I put bolts in the holes he would remove them after spraying. That will assure me the holes will be accessible when needed.

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Also be sure they don't spray the tailgate access panels shut. You might need to get in there if something goes wrong with the mechanism.

sgtkersh

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland; 1980 CJ5 Golden Eagle
Also be sure they don't spray the tailgate access panels shut. You might need to get in there if something goes wrong with the mechanism.
This is a great point and I know when discussing with my Line-X guy they stated they pull those panels and spray them individually.

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Mine was done at the dealership before I purchased and they don't tape up anything. Even got a little bit on the back glass. What's something I can use to remove it or should I just ride back to the dealership and see if they will get it off. I would of thought they would taped up more than just the lights. Sucks!

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
Mine was done at the dealership before I purchased and they don't tape up anything. Even got a little bit on the back glass. What's something I can use to remove it or should I just ride back to the dealership and see if they will get it off. I would of thought they would taped up more than just the lights. Sucks!
Razor blade should work.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Razor blade should work.
Just a regular razor blade? I read somewhere acetone would help and some kind of plastic blade for windows. If I can do it with a regular razor blade I got the acetone at the house.
Sponsored