Sponsored

Springs Damaged in Transit. Good to Install??

MCATDT

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Just got the springs for my lift delivered and the box looked like UPS ran over it with the truck. They obviously mishandled it and then tried to just tape it back up. Below is a picture of one of the springs. Its pretty scuffed up. All 4 springs have similar gouges and scratches. Are these ok to install or are they going to rust up due to the gouges. Not worried about having to return them as the vendor is top notch. Really just don't want to go through the return hassle and having to wait for replacements (this lift has been notoriously on backorder for some time) if these are perfectly fine.

Jeep Gladiator Springs Damaged in Transit.  Good to Install?? IMG_8964
Sponsored

CG32

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S with Max Tow
Occupation
Audio visual production sales
I wold say they are fine. You can always touch them up to cover any bare spots and prevent rust, but normal road use can cause scratches like what is shown, much less Offroad use. It’s up to you from an aesthetic perspective, but from a structural standpoint, I wouldnt worry about it..

Canada g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator overland
They are good but you paid for undamaged ones. Ask the seller for a reduction or ask for new ones.

sdk131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow - Sarge Green
Just my personal opinion.......To me, that is not even worth the time to make a phone call or to send an email. At most I'd hit it with a squirt of spray paint or Amsoil Metal protector HD (rust preventative spray) and call it a day. Heck, you could easily scrape them up that bad or even worse with one slip during the install.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Functionally should be fine, but those chips will rust and cause the rest of the coating to fail.
Curious what springs those are, the coils look very close together can’t image they can compress very much.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MCATDT

MCATDT

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Thanks for the advice. I felt they would be fine as many have said. I told the vendor I am fine with how they look as long as they don’t rust away. Just waiting to hear back on what they feel is the correct action(it’s really on UPS). Again the vendor is awesome and I know will do the right thing. They are dual rate springs and the close coil section is the very top. They spread out from there. Thanks

OP
OP
MCATDT

MCATDT

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Vendor believes Springs are good to go but will do whatever I ask. I don't believe its worth returning and waiting on new ones. Yes there may be some premature rusting but one good trail will do more damage as some mentioned. Going to install them this weekend hopefully and hit them with some fluid film to keep them as best protected as I can.

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
There is no damage to the integrity of those springs if they have a tiny chip in the coating...something like this does not constitute any sort of action to be taken. A few weeks on the truck they will look worse.

They are fine.

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
Not to hijack but I just noticed that my Skyjacker springs are damaged but I’m not sure how. The metal is exposed. I believe it’s a 5160H steel…very strong, high yield, high quality material but obviously susceptible to corrosion like a lot of steels.

My question is should I return the entire lift kit to Extreme Terrain for a refund? Or should I just paint over these voids of coating and call it a day? The damage is just on the sides of a few coils. Pictures below…

B38EDF24-C9A2-4418-92EC-2552F2DC81D1.jpeg

4592F47C-EC27-4099-AD20-F400D58D8E01.jpeg

89E3D180-A7A4-4D8E-90D8-472C8ABC331F.jpeg

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Not to hijack but I just noticed that my Skyjacker springs are damaged but I’m not sure how. The metal is exposed. I believe it’s a 5160H steel…very strong, high yield, high quality material but obviously susceptible to corrosion like a lot of steels.

My question is should I return the entire lift kit to Extreme Terrain for a refund? Or should I just paint over these voids of coating and call it a day? The damage is just on the sides of a few coils. Pictures below…

Jeep Gladiator Springs Damaged in Transit.  Good to Install?? 89E3D180-A7A4-4D8E-90D8-472C8ABC331F

Jeep Gladiator Springs Damaged in Transit.  Good to Install?? 89E3D180-A7A4-4D8E-90D8-472C8ABC331F

If me, I would kind of be on the fence of which way to go. That is pretty chowder'd up.

I am not against aesthetics being bad, just I want to be the one to have done it.

Have you tried calling SkyJacker on the issue? Possible they may give you a return label for the Springs and drop ship you a new set.
Sponsored