Start Stop Light Came On

PJM86

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep CJ7, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Bunch of these threads, but I’m in OBX, curious if anyone had the stop/start warning light come on while driving through puddles. Yesterday, the roads had lots of puddles and while driving, stop/start warning light came on. When we got to where we were driving to, shut the car off and when I turned it back on it had turned off. Never had any issues prior, was thinking maybe a wheel sensor got overly wet? I have driven in heavy rain before, never had any issues. Thanks.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Bunch of these threads, but I’m in OBX, curious if anyone had the stop/start warning light come on while driving through puddles. Yesterday, the roads had lots of puddles and while driving, stop/start warning light came on. When we got to where we were driving to, shut the car off and when I turned it back on it had turned off. Never had any issues prior, was thinking maybe a wheel sensor got overly wet? I have driven in heavy rain before, never had any issues. Thanks.
Anything that causes "engine problems", will cause that light to come on. If things got wet and it detected any misfires, even small ones, it could happen. Water, especially water with any minerals like we get in our first rains when the rain puddles and mixes with the winter salt, does weird things electrically.
The ESS tracks a whole lot of things, including the cat converter temperature, among other things. I forget the whole list, but it's fairly long.

OP
OP
PJM86

PJM86

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep CJ7, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Thanks, driving home tomorrow. Had no issues today, drove it a bunch. Like I said, we drove through lots of puddles, did not go fast, but had to drive through them to get to our house. I have read all the threads with misfires, didn’t feel any, hoping it was just something sensor wise that got wet, then dried. Time will tell.
Sponsored