Start Stop Not Ready - nothing else

tonywin

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Menu #7 just says start stop not ready with no reasoning. Doesn’t it usually say because of outside temp or something like that?

My off-road pages shows battery voltage consistently 13.2 upwards of 14.1.

Not sure if the no message means the aux is going bad? Haven’t had any issues with remote start, engine cranking, or anything of that nature. Trying to be proactive.
Sponsored

OP
OP
tonywin

tonywin

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Usually means the Aux Bat is on its last legs. Time to consider your options...

Replace

Delete

Dual
Appreciate the links! I kinda figured the aux was crapping out.

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
Hook it up to a Battery Tender for a day or two to see if it goes away!

cafecito

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, Granite Crystal
Occupation
Corporate Tool
Mine usually says "Cabin Cooling" when I have the AC on, but I haven't seen it say anything other than that.

Unfortunately, I have yet to see a specific set of conditions for what activates/deactivates the Start/Stop function. The AC is pretty obviously one of them, but there appear to be others, and it's been a point of discussion many times on the forums.

My $.02 - Unless the Jeep is making an error at you upon startup, I wouldn't worry about it unless you REALLY want the Start/Stop feature to work more often for some reason.

Sponsored

OP
OP
tonywin

tonywin

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Mine usually says "Cabin Cooling" when I have the AC on, but I haven't seen it say anything other than that.

Unfortunately, I have yet to see a specific set of conditions for what activates/deactivates the Start/Stop function. The AC is pretty obviously one of them, but there appear to be others, and it's been a point of discussion many times on the forums.

My $.02 - Unless the Jeep is making an error at you upon startup, I wouldn't worry about it unless you REALLY want the Start/Stop feature to work more often for some reason.
I don't actively switch it off. If ESS activates at a light then no big deal but I usually don't depress the brake pedal hard enough to activate it. I don't have the yellow "A" light on or any kind of issues for that matter. You're probably right, it's not throwing any errors at me.

OP
OP
tonywin

tonywin

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Is it ok to get the cheapest AUX14 battery I can find? Found one on Amazon for $45.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Is it ok to get the cheapest AUX14 battery I can find? Found one on Amazon for $45.
Just don't expect it to have a long life. The actual AUX14 battery is about $125 on Amazon. The equivalent capacity powersport batteries are much less.

jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2019 Cherokee KL 2020 Gladiator JT
Menu #7 just says start stop not ready with no reasoning. Doesn’t it usually say because of outside temp or something like that?

Not sure if the no message means the aux is going bad? Haven’t had any issues with remote start, engine cranking, or anything of that nature. Trying to be proactive.
Based on your voltage readings, I'd say the batteries are probably good. If the battery sensor is reporting that the main battery needs charged, the voltage will stay in the 14s all the time. I would reset the battery sensor by disconnecting it for a few seconds and see if that helps.

OP
OP
tonywin

tonywin

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Based on your voltage readings, I'd say the batteries are probably good. If the battery sensor is reporting that the main battery needs charged, the voltage will stay in the 14s all the time. I would reset the battery sensor by disconnecting it for a few seconds and see if that helps.
To reset the sensor do I need to unplug the battery? Or is there a specific plug I can disconnect and reconnect? Thanks for your insight.

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
To reset the sensor do I need to unplug the battery? Or is there a specific plug I can disconnect and reconnect? Thanks for your insight.
The IBS sensor is attached to the negative post of the main battery. It has a two wire connector to feed data to the computer. It just needs to be completely disconnected for about ten minutes to reset it.

ShelbyDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A

Hey curious what ended up happening with your battery? Mine is doing the same thing. For a few months, it would say ESS not available, cabing heating/cooling. Now it just says "ESS unavailable". Starting to get concerned as so many people are having issues with it killing the main battery.

Andy29847

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler Rubicon, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I would be curious what your battery voltage is in the accessory position - truck not running. Check it after a drive and then check it again after sitting for 8 hours. I have a theory that when the main battery gets near half life (12.4v steady state), the ESS system will not work. I started a thread about ESS/battery issues here:

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/batteries-lets-figure-this-out.64581/post-1061564

This thread is the best one I have read regarding JL/JT batteries: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/3-6l-ess-dual-battery-consolidated-information.25377/

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I just started to get the Not Ready message with the cold weather. In the morning I get the Aux Switches Not Ready. Battery Charging. It shows the voltage between 13.7 and 14.3. The message between the gauges reads Battery Charging.

AstroZombie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, '04 Tacoma PreRunner
Occupation
Tech Support
Mine says the same thing. I believe its because either the AC is running or the heater.
Sponsored